cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return order with reference to the Billing Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is with reference to issue that when I create a Return order with reference to the Billing document

I had one line item in the billing document say xxx of quantity 4 I had done the setting in the

system messages V4 229 to convert the warning to error messages for billing quanity to order quanity

If I enter in the first line item 8 insted of 4 system will throw a error but the issue is the same item xxx of qty 4 is entered in the second line item and system allows to save the return order how to stop this

Please give the valuable feedback.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend

Welcome to SDN

Return order is itself a challenge to SAP standard settings

There are some scenarios

1. Return order qty should not be increasesd say Billed qty of material X is 20 units

While returning Material X should be a maximum of 20 units

If made 21 it should throw error T code OVAH message class V4 message no 299 convert from warning to error thro customization

2.Return order should be created only once referencing billing doc

To control that T code SE91 message class V1 message no 499 convert from warning to error thro ABAP help

3 Your issue is same like case 1 but the material X is entered as second line item in the return order with some qty

This case system is not throwing even a warning

Yes correct

This is to be handled with userexit

Discuss the same with ABAPer

Check these threads on return issues which is of different scenario than of yours

Forum post in ERP - Sales and Distribution (SD) General: Order Qty.

Forum post in ERP - Sales and Distribution (SD) General: Return order

Regards

Raja

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply

former_member206215
Participant
0 Kudos

your status message v4229 is only have a setting of giving only warning message but it will not inhibit the system from saving the document, becuase the indicator in early warning system is set only to inform you about the differecnces incurred, you have to make relevant setting in copy control table in IMG and along with that you have to change the setting of early warning systems and in standard SAP menu go to Early Warning system Menu and check your setting as per your requirement, and then do relevant setting.

former_member206215
Participant
0 Kudos

your status message v4229 is only have a setting of giving only warning message but it will not inhibit the system from saving the document, becuase the indicator in early warning system is set only to inform you about the differecnces incurred, you have to make relevant setting in copy control table in IMG and along with that you have to change the setting of early warning systems and in standard SAP menu go to Early Warning system Menu and check your setting as per your requirement, and then do relevant setting.