cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCWS -Not appearing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts !

We have a problem in CNE5 report the BCWP is appearing , procject cost schedule is appaearing and actual costs.

But I am not able to get the BCWS - Budget costs work schedule ?

How to get the same.

I have defined the Budget , done the cost planning as well

regards,

A S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which Measurement technique are you using to calculate POC?

It seems system is not calculating Plan POC as BCWS = Plan POC x Total Cost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes BCWS = Planned PC * Total Costs.

I have the Total costs appearing from the Planned total costs.

How to calculate the Planned POC

Regards,

A S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which Measurement Technique are you using to calculate POC?

There are standard Meadurement Techniques as:

Start - Finish Rule

Milestone Technique

Estimates

Degree of Processing

Time Proportionality

Cost Proportionality , etc.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using Estimates MTD to calculate the POC on activity

Note: Can you explain me which meth I should to calculate Planned POC at activity level.

and Please tell me how to calculate the same .

regards,

A S

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U can use Time proportional or cost proportional for activity...chk this link also http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/b4/ba853488601e33e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Milestone is generally Easy to use method for Progress at Activity Level.

Pls refer:

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/PSPRG/PSPRG.pdf

This PDF covers Progress in detail.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I went through the help and try executing the MTA... I could see a triangular graph with no values... the help says that Project version has to be created for MTA.. Can you plz. explain why Versions are required and how it will be helpful in MTA ?

thanks

Vinodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Flag the corresponding milestones as being relevant for Trend analysis.

2.On the chosen report dates create project versions, which also have the Relevant for MTA

indicator set (at least one version is necessary for MTA).

3.The information about the previous states of project is taken from the project versions This is

compared with the current milestone data.

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi muzamil,

I have created a Project version using Structure Overview and I had entered the Actual date for the Milestone. Executed MTA, it is only a triangle with some boxes, no curves for Basic date / actual date / delay etc... any config is required ?

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is an easy-to-use, effective process for monitoring your project schedule. To this end, the system evaluates the milestones relevant to project progress at different reporting times. In the graphical MTA chart you recognize trends and variances immediately.

You can call up the milestone trend analysis from either the information system or the project planning board. It displays the dates of the relevant milestones in a project (or part of a project) at different report dates both in graphical and tabular form. In the Information System you can limit the number of milestones to be displayed by using the usual selection facilities.

Either basic dates or forecast dates are used. Actual dates have priority over scheduled dates. The information about the previous states of project is taken from the project versions This is compared with the current milestone data. In the project planning board you can use data from a simulation version instead of from the operative project.

In the milestone trend analysis, you can choose between two views:

1. Historical curve

This standard view displays those milestones that have the MTA indicator set at the time of the current report. These milestones are displayed across the entire reporting period, also when the indicator was not set for them at an earlier reporting time.

2. Historical milestones

In this view, those milestones for which the MTA indicator was set at an earlier reporting time are displayed. The indicator is not set for them for the current reporting period. After selection, you can restrict both the milestones and the reporting time for the display. In the tabular display the report dates and the dates of the relevant milestones are shown. You can go to the milestone detail screens directly from this table.

Regards,

muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muzamil,

thanks for these details but my qn. is what is the importance of creating Project version ?

Where the Version keys & Version groups are created ? I could not understand that I had created a Milestone with a basic fixed date whereas my Actual date is differing from that for which the MTA is seen. Why this Project version is reqd. ? Why system insists on this ?

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Also, you had mentioned that the Milestones can be selected but If I use T Code CNMT, it allows only the selection of Proj.defn / WBS / Network .. how to select Milestones.. whenever i execute a triangle with no curve only comes and the information in the X & Y axis could not be interpreted. Pl. tell me where i am making the mistake ?

thanks in advance

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks