cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Accessing the System Registry after installing Crystal Reports 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to install my develoment-programs (VB6, CR 😎 on a Vista-Computer.

After installing CR 8.0 I get the above error-message after clicking "references" in my VB-Project.

I know, it is a knwon issue.

I found out, there should be a scr8_webregfix.exe on your homepage which sould fix the problem.

But I can't find that file.

Can anybody help me to get this file or resolve my problem otherwise?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is a known issue with the Crystal Reports 8 installation.

To resolve this issue, follow these steps, please note this is for Windows NT/2000 however you can give a try for Vista also.

1. Ensure that you are logged on as an administrator and that the 'Task Scheduler' service is running.

2. Search for and download the file Scr8_webregfix.exe from our support site:

3. Extract the two files to the root folder of your hard drive.

4. On the 'Start' menu, click 'Run'.

5. Type 'cmd' and click 'OK'. A command prompt window appears.

6. At the command prompt use the 'AT' scheduler command with the following syntax:

AT time /INTERACTIVE cmd.exe

" 'time' is a time value in HH:MM format for a few minutes in the future. At the time specified, a new command prompt window will appear.

For example:

at 16:44 /interactive cmd.exe

7. Change to the root folder in this window by typing the following and then pressing the ENTER key:

cd \

8. Type the following and then press the ENTER key:

scr8_webregfix.exe

After completing these steps, the error message no longer appears and you are able to access your project references in Visual Basic.

Additional Information

-

" This issue is resolved in Crystal Reports 8.5.

" The 'AT' command is required to run the registry patch since it runs the patch using the System account rather than the Administrator account. The System account is sometimes needed to make changes to the registry that cannot be done using the Administrator account.

" A similar solution is documented in Microsoft knowledge base article Q269383 - "Error Accessing the System Registry' Message When Displaying VB/VBA References".

" For more information on the System account in Microsoft Windows NT/2000, refer to Microsoft knowledge base article Q120929 - "How the System Account is Used in Windows NT".

You need to search for the same for Windows Vista.

Also, refer to SAP Note1212476 - "Installing Crystal Reports 8 restricts access to ODBC data sources" - on our support site:

Hope this helps!!!

Regards

Sourashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please provide a Link to the scr8_webregfix.exe download as it is no where to be found on your site.

Thank You.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

excuse me for resuming this old discussion but, i've the same problem using Vb6 and CR8.

at time /interactive cmd.exe is not valid under W7 for the security restriction and I don't know how to do.

PS: excuse me for my bad english

thank to all

Edy