cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service Adjustment - New Functions in Function Group

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have a deployed function group-based webservice and then add new remote functions to the function group, what is the process for adjusting the web service so that the new functions are available?

I know that you can syntax check the web service if a function interface has changed or a data dictionary definition for a parameter has changed, but I don't see an option for adding the new calls, other than manually editing the WSDL file. 'Check' and 'Activate' on the service do not work from SE80. Deleting the endpoint binding and re-creating it in SOAMANAGER does not work because the service definition hasn't changed. The only option I found is to delete the service and go back through the wizard. That just doesn't seem right.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brad

The easiest way of doing this is by going to the service definition in SE80 in the change mode and right clicking on the top level object (service definition name) in the "Internal View" tab and choosing "Modify Operations". This will give you a list of all available funciton modules in the system. Either scroll to the relevant function module that you want to add or to save some pain click the "Insert" button which will open up a field for input where you could do a pattern search for the function module(s) (SAP FM --> WS Operation) that you want to add.

This way you can add not only the Function Modules of the same function group but of other function groups as well.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Salil

Edited by: Salil Mehta on Apr 20, 2009 5:05 PM

Edited by: Salil Mehta on Apr 20, 2009 5:05 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salil Mehta

I need exactly what is specified in the question.But I am not able to find the "Modify Operations" option in the service definition.I am using new SAP GUI 6.0.So please help me on this.

Thanks

Vishnu

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great! Must have missed that one when I was checking all the context menus. Thanks.