cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add new Text view in Web UI Transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

In WebUI for Opportunity Entry there is a Notes box (right below Opportunity Details).

In this Notes we can enter a text and it will saved under first Text ID assign to Text determination for

this particular transaction type (opportunity).

Seems that this is the SAP standard, where the first Text ID (according to the sequence assignment in

Text Determination) will be set for this Notes. We cannot define which Text ID for this Notes box unless

we set the sequence in Text Determination (set the sequence as 1 or put as first sequence).

Now my question, can we add another Notes box as and assign it to specific Text ID in WebUI development?

Rgds,

Gun.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can! (To keep the Obama spirit )

Have a look at component BT115QH_SLSQ. (It is the same as in BT111H_OPPT for opportunities, but they make use of an extra custom controller that makes things more complex)

In the runtime repository copy the part for component usage CUGSTextNotes.

In the component controller have a look at method WD_USAGE_INITIALIZE for the componenet usage CUGSTextNotes. You need to initialize your own component usage like this one with your own context nodes.

There are two context nodes referenced: BTTEXT and TEXTATTR.

Create yourself a new BTTEXT that uses the correct relations. This can be done using the wizard.

TEXTATTR is a value node have a look at the ON_NEW_FOCUS method of the context node class for the correct initialization.

cheers Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

First thanks for the reply and I like the spirit !

I have few clarification on steps you have mentioned there :

1. In the runtime repository copy the part for component usage CUGSTextNotes.

In Runtime Repository Editor I found ComponentUsage CUGSTextNotes but I cannot do any copy here

I expand the subtree there is Used Component GSTEXT, right-click here also there is no copy option.

2. look at method WD_USAGE_INITIALIZE for the componenet usage CUGSTextNotes

Do you mean method WD_USAGE_INITIALIZE from component controller BT115QH_SLSQ ?

in this case class : CL_BT115QH__BSPWDCOMPONEN_IMPL

3. In TEXTATTR there is method ON_NEW_FOCUS and inside has following codes:

ls_attr-textproc = ls_proc_type-text_procedure.
  ls_attr-textobj  = 'CRM_ORDERH'.                          "#EC NOTEXT
  ls_attr-langu_attr_name = 'TDSPRAS'.
  ls_attr-ident_attr_name = 'TDID'.
  ls_attr-lines_attr_name = 'CONC_LINES'.
  ls_attr-parent_entity   = lr_ent->get_related_entity( 'BTHeaderTextSet' ).
  ls_attr-parent_relation = 'BTTextHAll'

Does it mean I have to specify myself a text ID (for example text ID Z001 ) ?

something like these (which one ?)

ls_attr-FILTER_IDENT = 'Z001'.

OR

ls_attr-TEXT_IDS = 'Z001X'.     '(this is line type)

Regards,

Gun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a similar issue. I have add a new node context in GSText. But Ii want when i introduce a text in this new box the text id will be another 'tdid' defined by me. I dont know how to control this.

I dont know if i have to redefined a new method of wd_usage_initialize in the controller component of BT115H_SLSO, is it a must?

Any suggestions about this?

Regard and thanks in advance,

Mon

former_member228349
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am facing similar problem binding gstext with prdhs

i have defined the textattr node in the component controller and redefined wd_usage_initialize

the notes window is visible in the view but its not opening in edit mode and also the value is not getting retrieved

1.  How the controlling methods like - getter and setter be implemented for the gstext/notes

2.  How to make it editable.. right now it is only in display mode

when i click the edit button - in the on_change method other views of the viewsets are getting editable but not this one..

thanks in advance

dhinesh