cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASP.Net Deployment Server crystalreportsviewer12 Vista not running

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I deploy an ASP.Net site with Crystal Reports 2008 in Windows Servper 2003 It is working perfectly when I browse from the network (LAN).

When I try to browse the same site from the internet, It always fail and gives me a blank web page with Java Script error "bobj.crv.stateManager is null on net an object'.

The structure of the web site is

• \Inetpub\wwwroot\web.config

(has the definetions of crystal reports with correct references).

• \Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\2_0_50727\crystalreportviewers12

(has all full control for IIS_WPG and IUSR and permetions is applied to all child).

• \Inetpub\wwwroot\test\test.aspx

I think that the problem is shown in the following process monitors (in bold😞

"CreateFile","C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\allInOne.js","NAME NOT FOUND","Desired Access: Generic Read, Disposition: Open, Options: No Buffering, Attributes: RE, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a, Impersonating: *******\IUSR_*******FS","6.0.3790.3959","NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK

"w3wp.exe","5668","CreateFile","C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dhtmllib\images\transp.gif","PATH NOT FOUND","Desired Access: Read Attributes, Synchronize, Disposition: Open, Options: Synchronous IO Non-Alert, Non-Directory File, Complete If Oplocked, Random Access, Attributes: N, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a, Impersonating:

As you can see from the example of my problem above is that dhtmllib and allInOne.js are trying to read from the root. The brove is that when I copy the js folder contents to the wwwroot and the dhtmlimage folder to the test folder, the report is displayed perfectly and it does not take long time to show any error.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let's start with the title of the thread:

"ASP.Net Deployment Server crystalreportsviewer12 Vista not running "

and then in your note you say:

"When I deploy an ASP.Net site with Crystal Reports 2008 in Windows Servper 2003 It is working perfectly when I browse from the network (LAN)."

Do you mean to say that the server is Windows server 2003 and the client is Vista? (just need to make sure).

Next. I suspect the issue is the web.config in \Inetpub\wwwroot\. Why is it there? Should it not be in \Inetpub\wwwroot\test\? What happens if you remove / move the web.config file to \Inetpub\wwwroot\test\?

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry for the delay to answer your greate support.

I tryed to move the web.config to the \Inetpub\wwwroot\test\ but same problem exists.

My envirenment is:

Client:

(1) running in the LAN

Windows XP => OK

Windows Vista => OK

(2) running from the Internet

Windows XP => will give the error but can continue.

Windows Vista => will give the erro but will not continue

Server:

Windows 2003 Server with IIS 6 and ISA 2006

I did a temporary solution that It to much as a workaround than a solution. I copied all js folder from the reportviewer to the \Inetpub\wwwroot\ and again i copied the images form dhtml to the \Inetpub\wwwroot\

Now the report is working in internal LAN as well as outside.

(BUT)

IF THE REOPRT HAS A PARAMETER:

The images and the tool bars are showing perfectly from the LAN and from the Internet

IF THE REPORT HAS NO PARAMETERS:

In the LAN as I mentioned, every thing is working perfectly in XP and Vista but in the Internet with a report without any parameters, some of the tool bar images are not shown. When I refresh the report the images will be shown.

I'm sorry for may bad english.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds like the JS files under the viewer folder are not being seen by the app. Check to see that the folder is set up as an app folder. it may also be a good idea to use the Process Monitor utility and see where the app is trying to load the js files from. Process Monitor can be downloaded from here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

Another thing that may lead to the error is if the folder does not have "Scripts and Execute" on the Execute Permissions (Virtual Directory tab, in IIS, properties of the folder). Also, check if "Integrated Windows authentication" is enabled.

There should not be any web.config or aspx files loading from the aspnet_client path if the application is built with the .net 2.0 framework or higher. This path is simply used for executing Javascript files, images and export/print functionality. If you want the application to work on a default or custom website, then the best solution would be to deploy the viewers directories with your application. You can configure the path to the viewers directory to be a subfolder of your application and control the path to the virtual directory this way. To configure this setup, see the Crystal Reports 12 developers guide and search for u201CWeb.configu201D. In the section for configuring web.config, look for how to set up the u201CResourceURIu201D for the viewers. The web.config file you will edit will be the applicationu2019s web.config and with the viewers folder as a subfolder of your application, you would set up the resourceURI path as follows:

<add key=u201DResourceURIu201D value=u201D~/CrystalReportViewers12u201D />

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd like to thank you for your response,

Your message is valuable and has the following recommendations:

- In my post I show that process monitor result that CR is getting the JS firstly from the correct ResourceURI. To prove that it opens firstly the first js file from the correct location. First js file opened is crv.js and it is openned from Inetpup\wwwroot\crystalreportviewers12\js\crviewer\crv.js

When I opened this file to check what it has, I found that the path ..\dhtml\images is explicitly defined in that file and the initDhtmlLib.js

- Integrated windows authentication is checked

- There is not web.config or aspx files loading from the aspnet_client.

- Also I have given full control to IIS_>>> User groups to temp folders, viewer folder and the aspnet_client. If I do not give this security, it will not work.

- The web config already following all the directions in deploying the web.config from the help.

I've one question now, Does arabic system local is supported in Crystal Reports?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also I have given full control to IIS_>>> User groups to temp folders, viewer folder and the aspnet_client. If I do not give this security, it will not work.

- OK. From here, if need be, you can start to remove the permissions one at a time to find out the minimum needed for your system

I've one question now, Does arabic system local is supported in Crystal Reports?

- well, it should work... There is no Arabic localization..., but Arabic fonts should be OK - certainly in the designer. In a .NET app, this will depend on the framework supporting the font. And in a web app you also have to ensure the process has access to the fonts. Not sure if I answered the question(?).

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are the any side effect if I deploy II6 as the following:

1- I'll copy from js folder allInOne.js and allStrings.js to

Inetpub\wwwroot\ to be like Inetpub\wwwroot\AllInOne.js and ...

2- I'll copy dhtmllib to Intetpub\wwwroot\dhtmllib

3- I'll copy images to my application folder under Intetpub\wwwroot\<app>\images

This is the only way to solve my problems.

What is the side effects of my work above?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, not sure. Have never even thought of doing these steps. Perhaps someone else has experience with these steps...

Ludek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No response after 2 months. Closing.