cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

leave request RPTARQPOST

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends

How to prevent program RPTARQPOST from posting into infotype 2001? the requirement is that after leave has been approved thru workflow ws12300111, posting of the leave should not happen. They wanna manually make entry to 2001.

We have not scheduled RPTARQPOST to rule automatticaly but still shoehow leave is getting posted.

Thanks

Nash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

letlapa_albert
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

What i know about the process is IT2001 is not gonna be updated untill you do the posting in CAT6. ESS sends the workflow and you need to  Transfer Time Data to HR Time Managent using Tcode: CAT6, and thats when IT2001 will be updated, except that nothing should happen.

Regards

Letlapa

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Harish, Hope you are doing good.

Barin: Nice to learn the method you have advised, Yes of course I agree with it, this is the best possible

option, I was worried it will create a overhead, Why not keep it simple, Just post it directly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sometimes this is a scenario where you run the report mannually.

there are no doubts about the posting to IT2001, unless you run posting program or execute mannual upade using PA30 for respective employee there is no way that the update can happen.

If you want to analyse just check uname in IT2001 record that was updated.

@siddharth - If you take approach 2 suggested by me there will be a workflow step for HR administrator where we push him/her on running standard posting program. This will cause no harm. Lot of companies already use this approach. This is similar to old workflow where manager use to approve the workflow and then there was a step where HR administrator could execute the workitem if forced.

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there are no doubts about the posting to IT2001, unless you run posting program or execute mannual upade using PA30 for respective employee there is no way that the update can happen.

Till we are actually able to reproduce a scenario and replicate the error, I will have to agree with the above statement also.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dont run Rptarqpost report at all! It will not post the Infotypes, But this is strange as this reports

alleviates lot of Manual work to be done!

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI SIddharth, NIce to see you here.

I believe the OP is saying, he has not scheduled RPTARQPOST but still leave requests got posted. ACtually I have observed isolated cases like this myself. They don't reproduce often enough to find any pattern. SOmetimes IT 2001 gets updated even if RPTARQPOST hasn't run.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sure that its calling RPTARQPOST report for posting the DATA in 2001.

do one thing ....

set a Break-Point on RPTARQPOST report ....it will stop there ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

The workflow 12300111 is a generic document workflow.

The approval application sap.com/ess~lea pushes the data into ptreq_XXXXXX tables.

The posting program is the one that posts the leave data in IT2001.

As you want the mannual posting to carry on I suggest two alternates.

Approach 1

1. Implement a workflow that has a decision step instead of generic document workflow (12300111)

Approach 2

2. implement copy of wf12300111 add a step after manager's approval

3. create a transaction zptarq that has program RPTARQPOST and screen 1000

4. In workflow step create a rule that sends the workitem to administrator

Donot schedule RPTARQPOST in background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Until and unless you have not schedule a job for u201CRPTARQPOSTu201D The system will not make entry in info type 2001 or else if u have not run this report manually .

If you have not schedule a job for u201CRPTARQPOSTu201D or else if u havenu2019t run this report manually the system will not make entry in the Info type u201C2001 u201C. Thatu2019s sure.

Dot the process again and check ..And let me know