Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Events in a internal table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

Can someone tell me if there are any events in a internal table.If yes name them ( i tried looking for them in SCN but could not find any threads relating to it).

Regards

Harish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

These are Control Break events related to internal tables.

AT FIRST

AT LAST

AT NEW

AT END OF

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Harish,

there is not events in internal table..

but you can declare the internal tables in different ways..

STANDARD table

Key access to a standard table uses a linear search. This means that the time required for a search is in linear relation to the number of table entries.

You should use index operations to access standard tables.

SORTED table

Defines the table as one that is always saved correctly sorted.

Key access to a sorted table uses a binary key. If the key is not unique, the system takes the entry with the lowest index. The runtime required for key access is logarithmically related to the number of table entries.

HASHED table

Defines the table as one that is managed with an internal hash procedure

You can only access a hashed table using the generic key operations or other generic operations ( SORT, LOOP, and so on). Explicit or implicit index operations (such as LOOP ... FROM oe INSERT itab within a LOOP) are not allowed.

INDEX table

A table that can be accessed using an index.

Index table is only used to specify the type of generic parameters in a FORM or FUNCTION. That means that you can't create a table of type INDEX.

Standard tables and sorted tables are index tables.

ANY table

Any table is only used to specify the type of generic parameters in a FORM or FUNCTION. That means that you can't create a table of type ANY.

Standard, sorted and hashed tables belongs to ANY tables

Regards,

Prabhudas

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

No events in internal table

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are talking about the control conditions in an internal table.

They are as follows:

AT - Control breaks with internal tables

1. AT NEW f.

2. AT END OF f.

3. AT FIRST.

4. AT LAST.

In a LOOP which processes an internal table, you can use special control structures for control break processing. All these structures begin with AT and end with ENDAT. The sequence of statements which lies between them is then executed if a control break occurs.

You can use these key words for control break processing with internal tables only if a loop is actively processing an internal table and reference is to the innermost currently active loop.

The control level structure with internal tables is static. It corresponds exactly to the sequence of columns in the internal table (from left to right). In this context, the criteria according to which you sort the internal table are unimportant.

At the start of a new control level (i.e. immediately after AT), the following occurs in the output area of the current LOOP statement:

All character type fields (on the right) are filled with "*" after the current control level key.

All other fields (on the right) are set to their initial values after the current control level key.

Regards,

Mansi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have understand the question as Events in internal table are

Before using these events the internal tbale should be sorted manner.

At First

At New

At End of

At last

And all the events concluded by End at.

Regards

Ramakrishna Pathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

These are Control Break events related to internal tables.

AT FIRST

AT LAST

AT NEW

AT END OF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys i got the answer myself

Events in a internal table are the control level processing

At new

At last

At endof

At first