Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBV2 & FBV3

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I execute FBV2 (Change Parked Document), on the next screen if I click on "Document" on the menu the option to "Change" is greyed out. However, when I execute FBV3 (Display Parked Document) the option to "Change" is active under the Document menu !

Can someone explain why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Avinash,

When you enter FBV2, it directly takes you to the Document in Change mode. But when you open the document through FBV3 it takes you to the document in Display mode and will give you an option to shift to "Change" mode.

Finally we can say that opening the document in FBV2 is same as opening the document in FBV3 and switching to "Change" option.

Get back if you are confused.

Regards,

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Avinash,

When you enter FBV2, it directly takes you to the Document in Change mode. But when you open the document through FBV3 it takes you to the document in Display mode and will give you an option to shift to "Change" mode.

Finally we can say that opening the document in FBV2 is same as opening the document in FBV3 and switching to "Change" option.

Get back if you are confused.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmi,

That was crystal clear.

However, how do I disable the "Change" option in FBV3, considering it is for display access?

Your help is much appreciated.

- Avinash

0 Kudos

Dear Avinash,

Remove access to FBV2. As simple as that. When you click on "Change" option in FBV3, actually the system is checking access to FBV2 only.

Once you remove access to FBV2, the "Change" option will be still active in FBV3. But once when the user clicks on it, it will show that the user is not authorized.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshmi !

I take it that there is no way that the "Change" option can be greyed out when a user executes FBV3. He will only recieve an authorization error if he tried to do that, assuming he has no access to FBV2.

0 Kudos

Correct..

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let me know the Fm or BAPI used to change a parked doc in FBV2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshmi for the help.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let me know the Fm or BAPI used to change a parked doc in FBV2.