cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI Disconnects with Vista VPN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have the following problem, I'm using the saplogon 710 and build 1016365.

I'm connecting our server using Windows XP with Windows VPN every thing is fine and it rarely (if ever) disconnects.

However if I use Windows Vista with the same setup. After approximately 30 seconds of inactivity I get the following error.

Connection to partner broken : 192.168.13.13:sapdp00 broken

WSAECONNABORTED Software caused connection abort.

Deatiled description is

UZD: Connection to partner broken : 192.168.13.13:sapdp00 broken

Time

Component NI (Network Interface)

Release 710

Version 39

Module nixxi.cpp

Line 4854

Method NiRead: P=192.168.13.13:3200; L=0.0.0.0:50734

Returncode -6

System Call recv

Error No 10053

Error Text WSAECONNABORTED Software caused connection abort.

Counter 1

I'm sure the problem is related to Vista VPN, I can connect fine with Windows XP but get the error with Vista using a dual boot computer. And I tried 3 different computers all experience the same problem with Vista

Please Help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhimanyu_pandey
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi. Erdem,

It may be because of your internet connection ideal disconnect timing setting. Check for internet connection setting in vista.

Regards,

Abhimanyu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the "push" in the correct direction..

in internet I found this link which was a bit confusing to me to be honest but as understand there was a change of functionality in vista from XP I decided the give WinPcap application a try

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowssdk/thread/3afd5789-7d71-427c-8be5-2e7239c70c9e

After about 10 mins of inactivity testing I confirmed it was working. I'll update if the situation changes but so far it works like a charm.

Many thanks,