cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Group Hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have to create Material Group so that we can specify the hierarchy upto three level.

How this is possible?

Regards,

Kapil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Material group hierarchy

Material groups can be grouped into hierarchies. Every material group can be assigned to one material group hierarchy level.

You can create as many hierarchy levels as you wish. The lowest material group hierarchy level in a material group hierarchy is always the material group to which the materials are directly assigned.

Example:

Material group hierarchy level 3: Non-food

Material group hierarchy level 2: Household goods

Material group hierarchy level 1: Small electrical appliances

Material group hierarchy level 0: Kitchen gadgets

Material group creation

Go to OMSF and here click on "New Entries" button and maintain the Material Group and its Description and save.

Config Path: - SPRO > Logistics - General > Material Master > Settings for Key Fields > Define Material Groups

Regards

Anjali

former_member659396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anjali i am able to create 2 leval hierarchy..how to create three leval hierarchy in alv

i am using function module REUSE_ALV_HIERSEQ_LIST_DISPLAY where i am defining header and itam table

which is ITAB1 And ITAB2 how to get third leval hierarchy

0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create 5 level product hierarches, can you please take me step by step?

Regards

Saravanaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The material group (base material group) is the level in the material group hierarchy which must be assigned directly to a material when it is created. It is defined across the corporate group and sub-divides the complete material assortment from a business management viewpoint.

Those material groups which themselves comprise material groups are called material group hierarchy levels. A hierarchy level can have one or more other hierarchy levels (material groups) assigned to it.

By structuring/linking material groups and material group hierarchy levels in a meaningful way you create the material group hierarchy.

Regards,

Swapnil