cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Country of Origin field in Customs Declaration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello -

Does anyone have any experience with completing the Country of Origin field for materials in a Customs Declaration? Should this data be transferred from the PO/Inbound Delivery or should it be completed manually on the Declaration in GTS?

I see a place to store the Country of Origin in both the Customs Document and Customs Declaration in GTS, but the data that I enter on the PO/Inbound Delivery is not transferred over to either of these documents. I am unclear if this data should originate in the feeder system or be entered in GTS.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Typically the data that you had entered in the PO is replicated to GTS declarations but in your case if it is not going then i would suggest you to enter the COO in the Customs Declaration-item details - placement tab.

You always have the option of entering data manually in GTS customs declarations in case you had forgotten to maintain the data or if the data is not going to GTS from your ECC documents.

Regards,

Shruthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.

Do you know if the Country of Origin field in the PO itself directly fills the Country of Origin field in GTS, or is this field derived from another field (i.e. country of vendor, etc.)?

Is there some configuration that needs to be done to map this data over? I am not sure why it is not transferring over if it is supposed to..

How about the other data that appears on the Foreign Trade/Customs tab, such as Mode of Transport, etc.? Should this data also transfer over from the PO/IB Delivery?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The County of Origin you can maintain at item level of PO -Item-> More function> Foreign Trade Customs.

Once you maintain here ,COO will directly get transferred to GTS.

Kind Regards,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sameer, do you know if the same is true for the Mode of Transport field?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Means os transport get s tranported to GTS if maintained in Inoubd delivery but Mode of trandsort is not.

you can used BADi /SAPSLL/IFEX_MM0C_R3 to transfer ther Mode of transport to transfer the value in additional data to GTS on customs declaration and then use another BAdi /SAPSLL/CUHD_PROP to default the data to the Mode of transport field on the customs declaration.

Kind Regards,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Alternately, the Country of Origin of Origin is automatically defaulted in to GTS Customs Declaration Document, if you have maintained the COO in relevant Material master record in ECC.

In Material master record use u2018Foreign Trade Exportu2019 tab. If a country is maintained in the field country of origin, same will be populated in all your Customs Declarations automatically where ever this material is used.

PS: Please make sure the Materials are re-transfered to GTS once you have made these changes in ECC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Satya -

Assuming that the Country of Origin is then stored in GTS. Do you know where it is stored? I could not find it anywhere on the Product Master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Small correction, The COO will be maintained in Material Master records in ECC and not transferred to GTS through /SAPSLL/MATMAS_DIRR3 (my apologies).

However the COO will be picked up and transferred transactionally to GTS.

You can find the transfeerd COO in table /SAPSLL/CUIT and field CUCOO.

Same will me populated in Customs Declaration Document > Item > Placement > Country of Orgin.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks much for the help with the Country of Origin field Satya.

Sameer -

I see where the Country of Origin is transferred, but I didnt find that the Means of Transport is transferred from the Inbound Delivery to the GTS document when I tested this.

Are you sure that this is the case? Assuming you are talking about the text field in EIKP-KZGBE getting transferred to GTS in table /SAPSLL/LEGTPR-VIDBC?

I wonder if there is any additional config that I need to make this happen?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone had any trouble with the Country of Origin field sporadically transferring over, and sometimes not? The COO field in my documents sometimes transfers and sometimes does not, even though the data is the exact same every time.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

COO actually get transferred when u do GR of the I/B delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer -

Actually I am creating the Customs Declarations before GR. Earlier when I created the PO and the IB Delivery and then created the Customs Declaration, the COO appeared in the Customs Document for the PO & the Customs Declaration, without needing to post a GR. However this has been sporadic and now is not working.

Just now I posted the GR for the IB Delivery and still the COO did not appear in the Customs Declaration I created. Any ideas?

Also if the COO is only transferred to the GTS document once the GR is performed, then how would this information ever be available to submit to Customs Authorities upon entry at the border (i.e. in the Form 3461 in the US) before the item is received into inventory?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am sorry i wanted to tell that means of transport goes on GR not the COO , by mistake i wrote that

COO goes with PO, i am not very sure why for some cases your COO id failing to go to GTS . will let you know if get some idea.

thanks