Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating material master using BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEREPLICA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to update certain fields of the Material master.

I am planning to use BAPI : BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEREPLICA for the same rather than BDC.

Had a doubt related to this BAPI:

Many of the interface parameters of this BAPI have been declared as TABLES parameter.

Hence can multiple materials be passed to this tables parameter at the same time and then the BAPI will update the required values for all the materials (ones passed in the tables) simultaneously.

Or

Even though they have been declared as Tables parameter, only sigle material values can be passed and changed at a time.

If anybody has used this BAPI then please let me know ur thoughts regarding the above mentioned issue.

Thanks in advance

Ramesh

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RAmesh,

Refer to the documentation of the BAPI, ....

BAPI for Mass Maintenance of Material Data

Functionality

Use this method to create new material master data or change existing material master data. Every time this method is called, data for one or more materials can be transferred.

When new material master data is created, the material number, the material type and the sector must be sent to the method. Furthermore, a short text and the language in which the short text has been created, have to be entered. When data is being changed, only the material number need be entered.

In the header data, at least one view has to be selected for which the data is to be created. Depending on the selected view, additional mandatory parameters that have been defined as such in Customizing have to be created. If not all mandatory fields are field with data, the method ends with an error message being displayed.

Hope this info will be helpful for u..

Regards

Karan Arya

SumanPoddar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you Check Business Object BUS1001006 Standard material, you will find

BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEREPLICA - BAPI for Mass Maintenance of Material Data.

Regds

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys....