cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Error 8 occurred when starting the data extraction program'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to pull master data (Full upload) for a attribute. I am getting an error on BW side i.e. 'The error occurred in Service API .'

So I checked in Source system and found that the an IDOC processing failure has occurred. The failure shows 'Error 8 occurred when starting the data extraction program'.

But when I check the extractor through RSA3, it looks fine.

Can someone inform what might be the reason of the failure for IDOC processing and how can this be avoided in future. Because the same problem kept occurring later as well.

Thanks

Regards,

KP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

shanthi_bhaskar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Go to RSA1 and then to Source Systems and then right click on your source system and Check....verify that the result is Green...

2. In Sm37 verifiy if theres a Cancelled job for extraction....and check the reason

3. Verifiy in ST22 on both systems and check if thers a dump....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the update.But the partner profile is already created and theres nothing wrong with the connection.

Because other IDOCS are being processed correctly.

Please help.

Regards,

KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Chk the idocs from SM58 of source system are processing fine into ur target system(BI system)...?

Chk thru Sm58 and give all * and target destination as ur BI system and execute and chk any entries pending there?

--

rgds,

Edited by: Krishna Rao on May 6, 2009 3:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can solve this problem, leaving the field BTCSYSTEM empty in the table ROIDOCPRMS.

Please see the way to do it in the SAP note 147104.

Regards,

acm.