cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G/L account was blocked for posting in comp. code - Tfr posting 411/Q

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are doing a transfer posting from project stock to plant stock using MB1B with movement type 411/Q.

We encountered the error " G/L account is blocked for posting in comp. code"

This is a P and L account.

In FS00 , I checked the particular G/L account is blocked for the comp. code.

Why is a P and L account called for in tranfer posting from project stock to own.

in OMWB when I simulated it , the same message is issued but this account is not assigned to the company code in movement type 411.

Please advise if something is missing.

Thanks,

Manohar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

It is very clear yar, you are trying to Post a Project Stock Transfer posting and for sure it would be the

Consumption accounts ,which are P and L accounts

Check OMWN foe more answers of why this is happening for this MOvement type.

hope so it helps

Regards

Anjanna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are doing a tranfer posting from project stock to plant stock with 411/Q. Consumption to a project will be posted with a goods issue with movement type281/221.

Thanks,

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check your account group settings in OMWN. Check if movement 411Q with consumption P under GBB transaction key with VKA Account modification is activated. If not, please put check under it.

However, if there's no problem with your movement settings, there's a problem with the GL account assginment to that movement.

To correct the assignment, Go to OBYC and double click the GBB trn key and change the GL account.

It's all a matter of assigning the account with the specific movement

Maybe the configuration in OMWN of that movement is assign to PRU account modification it should be VKA (Inventory offsetting).

Hope this may help.

rey

Former Member
0 Kudos

OMWN settings

Mvt typ Sp stock CNS Val str. Cn TEkey Acct mod Check

-

411 Q WA04 2 PRD PRU No

411 Q WA04 5 GBB VKA Yes

411 Q WA04 12 AUM No

411 Q WA04 16 GBB VKA Yes

411 Q P WA04 2 PRD PRU No

411 Q P WA04 5 GBB VKA Yes

411 Q P WA04 12 AUM No

411 Q P WA04 16 GBB VKA Yes

I think the settings are ok in OMWN.

In OBYC , the G/L account is not assigned in GBB.

We found this account in OMWB while simulating 411 movement type

Expense/revenue from stock tra -e- -e- -e- 83 715040 93 715040.

How can we delete this account in automatic account determination settings?

Or any other solutions?

Regards,

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please observe your OMWN settings. It shown that all GBB Transaction key are with check with a Modification account of VKA. GL account should be in OBYC.

Go back again to OBYC and double click the GBB Transaction. Then, account assigment for various account modification will appear together with their GL accounts (DR/CR).

Try to locate their the VKA Modification account and from their you can change/delete the GL account.

If VKA wasn't there. make a new entry.

Hope this may help

rey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checked again in OBYC and found that the G/L account is assigned to transaction AUM- Expense/revenue from stok transfer and not in GBB.

Should it be deleted or is it ok to have a P and L account assigned to Transaction AUM?

Thanks and regards,

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check the price for this material/ wbs in QBEW table and MBEW tables. If there is a price different, it will hit AUM. Now an unblocked GL is required for AUM. The system behaviour seems correct.

This can heppen even with same standard price - just check note 71124.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Table MBEW has the following prices

Price control S

Std price : 478.40

Mvg Av. Price : 96.58

Table QBEW has the following prices

Price control : S

Std Price : 292.36

Mvg Av. Price : 295.54

We are doing a transfer posting from Project stock to Plant stock.

Regards

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

you are trying to do the Movement in a Particular plant ?

so this is linked to the company code.

IN the assigment in the Enterprise structure ,the plant is assigned to company code. -T code OX18.

So when you are doing any posting in Plant it automatically pull the Company code info.

And all the accounting information and the Balance Sheet and the GL ledger will all will be at your company code level only..

hope so i am clear in clearing your query

so unblock the same at that company code and proceed with your posting.

Regards

Anjanna.

Edited by: Shiva Rajanala on May 6, 2009 3:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.

What I would like to know is whay is this Pand L account called in transfer posting which anyway affects only b/s accounts.

The G/L account is a P and L account.And the account is irrelevant to this transfer posting.

I am looking for an explanation for the system behaviuor.

Thanks,

Manohar

former_member433442
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the same tansaction key, for INT chart of acounts, check what kind of G/L account is maintained.

Regards,

Prabu

former_member433442
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since it is externally owned special stock, accounting entries will happen.

Check with FI consultant why the G/L account is blocked. Once the G/L is unblocked, i hope the postings will happen.

egards,

Prabu