cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail receiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have problem with Mail Receiver ComCh. When I set it up to use local SMTP server with user/pwd and CRAM-MD5, error is :

failed to send mail: java.io.IOException: server not responding OK to AUTH; 535 5.7.0 authentication failed

When I set Plain, error is:

failed to send mail: java.io.IOException: server does not support PLAIN or LOGIN authentication

Where is the problem? Any idea.....

thx

mario

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

use AUTH with plain, just give email-ID DONT give password.. this should work fine for you..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

I have solved same problem with ur suggestion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is because of your mail server problem.Usually mail server does not expect user authentication for smtp protocol. If you need user authentication then check with your system admin.if you enabled smtp authentication in mail server after that check with plain authentication.CRAM-MD5 is used for secure communication.

Regards,

Prakasu.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

no pwd, and it works?! well, ok, fine with me.....:-))

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
java.io.IOException: server not responding OK to AUTH; 535 5.7.0 authentication failed

Receiver mail Communication Channel not configured properly....check the below two solved threads dealing with the same problem:

If you need any more info on receiver mail CC then chek this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6b/4493404f673028e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards,

Abhishek.