cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report 4 Eclipse Web Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a crystal web project which connect to the RAS server and display a report. I just downloaded the CR4E and created a web project with the "new project" wizard. I copied my old project's code and libraries to this CR4E project without overriding anything in the lib folder. When I run the project on server, I get the following error:

INFO  LogManager org.apache.jsp.testOpenReport_jsp._jspService(testOpenReport_jsp.java:167) - Open document.
7/05/2009 12:41:38 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.ReportAppSession.setCommunicationAdapter(Lcom/crystaldecisions/proxy/remoteagent/ICommunicationAdapter;)V
	at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.managedreports.ras.internal.RASReportAppFactory.a(Unknown Source)
	at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.managedreports.ras.internal.RASReportAppFactory.a(Unknown Source)
	at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.managedreports.ras.internal.RASReportAppFactory.openDocument(Unknown Source)

The error came from here:

reportAppFactory = (IReportAppFactory)enterpriseSession.getService("RASReportService");	
LogManager.getLogger().info("Open document.");
reportClientDocument = reportAppFactory.openDocument(oInfoObject, 0, Locale.ENGLISH);

Is this library issue? If yes, which set of jar files should I use with CR4E to access RAS server?

Thanks,

Jun Dong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

CR4E is a Component SDK solution.

RAS is a server-client solution.

You cannot use the CR4E SDK in lieu of the RAS SDK to communicate with the RAS server.

You must use the RAS SDK jars that come with the RAS server.

The APIs are very similar - however, the backends are different.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

And the CrystalReportViewer came with CR4E is different from what I had (crystalreportviewers115). Are they compatible? Sorry if there is a link somewhere on this forum but I did a quick search and couldn't find a tutorial or a quick start guide.