cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transformation inactive; request cannot be executed Message no. RSBK257

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am receiving the following error when attempting to run a DTP. The process terminates returning the error message in the monitor, although all Transformations involved are active.

We are running BI7.0 SP17. I am not able to identify a SAP Note that relates exactly to this problem. I am hoping there is a workaround.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brendan.

-

Transformation inactive; request cannot be executed

Message no. RSBK257

Diagnosis

A transformation called up by the request is inactive.

System Response

Request processing has been terminated.

Procedure

Activate your transformation. It connect source &v1& with target &v2&.

-

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mr_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Though the error saying that " Transformation is inactive" and its really not. I did face similar issue couple of months back and by debugging that DTP load, we found the root cause of problem, which is the following.

Error when writing the SID 10033950 (value "10033950") in table /BIC/S0PERSON

(Since, a particular record can't be deleted from PSA, I modified that record in PSA and tried a load, but no use.)

To fix this, I deleted (from SE14) complete data from the above SID table, and ran DTP load, and it worked fine.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we faced today the similar issue and focused on the activation of the DTP and transformation quite a long time.

The root cause was in the end that a custom function module in the endroutine terminated with a error message because a exchange rate was not availabe for the currency conversion. This error message was not visible in the monitor.

In the debug mode of the DTP this was immediately visible.

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Thsi problem is not due to inactive Transformation but whereas this is due to master data table records or any routine which is throwing error

In our case we have start routine which converts period to date and same time it also excess one master data table.Becuse first record was empty and the fuction module is throwing exception.So we filtered out the DTP with NE to empty then this turnaround worked for us.

Hopefuly some criteria or the other is missing in your case as well.

Thanks

NS

Vijay4
Participant
0 Kudos

HI NS,

I got the same error then I found in the SDN this solution but I am not able to understand what I should do please give me steps.

filtered out the DTP with NE let me how to do this activity.

regards

Vijay