cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need of downpayment clearing (F-54)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

Why do we need to the clearing of downpayment through (F-54)?

In our scenario -

1. We create the 100% downpayment request F-47 (spl GL - A)

2. F110 makes the payment ( vendor spl GL A debit and bank a/c credit)

3. Goods receipt is done

4. Then Downpayment clearing is done (f-54) - transferred to normal GL

5. Invoice verfication (MIRO)

6. F-44 - clearing of normal GL lines of point 4 & 5

So if we avoid the step 4 ie. downpayment clearing (F-54), and directly do the clearing of transaction through F-44 of points 2 ( spl GL debit) with point 5 ( normal gl credit), will it make any differences?

I've checked the accounting & found that the system generates a document with Vendor Spl GL Credit & Vendor Normal GL Debit thus clearing the vendor lines of point 2 & 5 respectively.

Is it ok to go ahead like this? Besdies accouning, can I be affected on reporting issues?

Kindly advise.

Regards

Kapil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi all,

When i trying to clear down payment in F-54, getting error NO DOWN PAYMENT EXIST I din't get solution regarding this error massage F5005

Please give a advice

thanks regards.

former_member1240588
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Frined,

You will not have any impact on report if ypou escape the F-54 .Its better to avoid sometimes it confuse to user too.

Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

There should be one change in your defined scenario step 4 would be coming after step 5 -Invoice receipt and not after step 3-goods receipt. Down payment clearing in F-54 clears down payment against the invoice of vendor. It is the standard transaction for manual clearing of down payments with features to enter directly the invoice number and select the open down payments for a particular vendor.

There are not much differences with F-44 except some minor ones lik that standard document type KA is used in F-54 insead of general clearing document AB in F-44.

So although F-44 would also achieve the same purpose as F-54 I dont see much value in using it instead of F-54 which is the standard transaction for clearing downpayments against a particular invoice of particular vendor. It should not have impact on any standard reports.

Also it is possible to clear downpayments with payment program against the invoice, check the below documentation for details.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/EN/01/a9c804455711d182b40000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Thanks and regards

Kedar