Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF new materials

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there an automated way to send new materials from ERP to APO?

At the moment I find myself creating and activating new integration models as often as new materials are created in ERP, and it is tedious.

Thanks,

mario

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

samir_ali
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

There are two types of data transfer, Initial transfer and delta

As you said you have already done initial transfer and now you want to take care of delta transfer.

So please Schedule Daily nightly CIF job with two steps,

1st Generation (program RIMODGEN) &

2nd step Activation of integration model (program RIMODAC2) for material transfer.

Same way you can schedule steps for other master data transfer Resource, PPM/PDS, etc.

Transfer changes of master data:-

Once master data is already transferred to APO and if any changes made to master data

You can transfer immediately by doing setup using transaction CFC9

Or you can schedule it for nightly job using transaction CFP1 (depends on business decision)

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Samir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are planning materials of MRP type X0 in APO, then Pls create variant for CFM1 and selection parameters for material master should be in such a way that material type should be X0 and you can include the material types as well.

Using the above created variant schedule your back ground job using SM36/SM37 for both Genration and activation. The Programs to be uses are RIMODGEN and RIMODAC2

Pls let me know if you need any help

regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mario,

If your scenario is like if you are planning all products in APO, then in the integration model variant for background CIF jobs, you can keep material codes as blank which means as and when new products gets maintained in system, it will get transferred.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should anyway schedule generation and activation of all integration models, you're using (daily schedule is widely used). You will use predefined variants and then any new material will be added to SCM after the next scheduled generation and activation.