Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy way to copy MIME folders?

maximilian_schaufler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

System: WebAS 6.20 - SP-Level 43

I want to copy the files in the MIME repository for the HTMLB, XHTMLB and UR libraries/folders.

(as described <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_webas620/helpdata/en/8b/25183a3bef2669e10000000a114084/frameset.htm">here</a>)

I can copy multiple files at once by selecting them and then use drag'n'drop - but this doesn't work for folders?

(although it should work according to <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_webas620/helpdata/en/46/bb1844ab4811d4968100a0c94260a5/frameset.htm">this part</a> of the online help).

Is this just me not knowing some small clue or doing something wrong?

Or how do/did you copy all necessary files?

Another question - why does the design2003 not show up in the MIME repository? When I use design2003, the .css-file referenced is /sap/public/bc/ur/Design2002/themes/sap_tradeshow/ur/ur_ie6.css ...

Anyone to throw light on this for me?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RieSe
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the Mime-repositiory is a specific `Document Area`

divided by special document areas. You can use the function modules provided by the SDOK-Layer (all function modules beginning with SDOK*) to write a small abap-report

to copy a specific part of the mime-tree.

Best regrads,

Stefan

maximilian_schaufler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thx for that hint, Stefan - I would definitely try it, but ...

I started with SAP only two months ago, and so far the WebAS (setting up + installating support packages) and BSP-Applications (MVC) are the only topics I'm familiar with.

Unfortunately there are no resources in our company to write such an additional programm (there are just 3 guys - and me).

If anyone did use such a solution before, I'd be glad to hear from them.

former_member181879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have a pain-free report that does this work. Point it into the MIME repos, and then to a directory on disk. All the files are copied/updated into MIME repos. It is more internal-use in the sense that we did not test it to the quality of production code, but we use it.

Use transaction SE38, program BSP_UPDATE_MIMEREPOS. When it runs, press the the blue "I" icon to get the minimal help that is available.

Please mark this question as complete when done. Press the yellow stars.

++bcm

maximilian_schaufler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thx Brian, that program made my day

Here is a small summary of what I learned from testing it:

Like Brian mentioned to me in an additional mail, you have to be careful about the path in the repository - for 620 the part "/SAP/BC/BSP" is implicit ...

start the path with "/SAP" as you see it for the linked folder as displayed root node in the MIME repository - an example would look like this:

/SAP/PUBLIC/BC/HTMLB/TRAY

If you are using 620, don't try to use a path like the one that is pre-entered in the input field, but go for the short one.

Then, to round this off, two more things:

- When exporting, you have to make sure that the selected local directory is empty (although this error is stated quite clearly).

- In the short information text available in the program, the two descriptions for import and export are mixed up ... the import description explains the export steps and vice versa (unless I'm mistaken badly).

That's it, problem solved ... now lets see how I can award some points

maximilian_schaufler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

oh, what happened now?

I'm pretty sure I marked this thread as question when starting it ... did someone change it?

Mark, Brian - anyone in charge to read this, let me know if there is a way to nevertheless mark this thread as an answered question!

thx

(would this topic be worth a blog?)

Message was edited by: Maximilian Moder

former_member181879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Should be a question now.

maximilian_schaufler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok, now I have the answered/not answered options to choose

thx

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This might help, not sure haven't tried it.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_webas620/helpdata/EN/1f/30f839e7290433e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm">Mass Import for MIMEs Using WebDAV</a>

maximilian_schaufler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I read that part of help as well, but it describes only uploading MIMEs from local hard disk.

Btw, after activating the service /sap/bc/bsp_dev in SICF all I got in the browser was a blank page ...

But that's not what I need (or at least I think so).

If I want to copy an existing folder structure within the MIME repository, I can only drag'n'drop files, but not folders - which makes the whole procedure annoyingly time-consuming.

(thx for answering anyway, Craig)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was only able to do it by making a copy of the BSP completely to a new name then removing what I didn't want. Can't be the best way I agree with you.

maximilian_schaufler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How exactly did you copy that? Via MIME repository in SE80?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian's option sounds the best. The way I do it is to copy the complete BSP Application (right click copy) give it a new name then delete what I don't want. I have one empty BSP with all of our style sheets and graphics.

Now I will try Brian's way!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have created an external alias in SICF.

But my MIMES are not there when I run the service.

You look like you have encountered this already.

Any ideas, ???

All my stylesheets and mimes are not available it seems to the external alias.

Thankyou

Wendy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have created an external alias in SICF.

But my MIMES are not there when I run the service.

You look like you have encountered this already.

Any ideas, ???

All my stylesheets and mimes are not available it seems to the external alias.

Thankyou

Wendy

maximilian_schaufler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wendy,

sorry your question somehow got lost in all the topics being discussed here - hope you still will come back after all ...

I just tried to access my application via an alias service - no problems at all.

Can you specify some details to your system? Server version? Patch level? Support package level?

Hope we can help,

Max

0 Kudos

Hi Wendy,

When You create an external alias for a service XYZ & it does not load MIME objects, check the source of the MIME objects, let say the service XYZ load MIME objects from service ABC then you must create an external alias for service ABC with name /ABC to resolve the issue.

Thanks