cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The number of simultaneous report jobs limited...??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Users receiving this error...

The number of simultaneous report jobs was limited to 10 by the system administrator... Please try to reconnect later [RCIRAS0518] (Error: INF)

Label of the error screen reads "Open Document"

I have check the server settings for the core services within the CMC and no settigns are set to 10. I have checked the Open Document web.xml and found the only reference to anything being a "10" is for the trace log...

Please help to correct???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are ruunning with the similar issue but our environment is BO 4.0 SP2 patch 8.

The Error message we are getting is -- "Request processing failed: the number of simultaneous report jobs was limited to 125 by the system administrator... Please try to reconnect later.."

In AJS we can see many categories (total 12) for Concurrent Jobs set to 5.

Please share you thoughts..

Thanks,
Riyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

What version of Business Objects are you using.

If it is XI r2 then the Web Intelligence Job Server/Web Intelligence Report Server is the one to check

If it is XI 3.x then it is the Adaptive Job Server/web Intelligence Processing Server.

Regards

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apologies! XI3.1 FP 1.5..

Thanks for the feedback...

Wish we could add our architecture to our personal data...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Could you please test the following solution.

1. Login to Central Management Console (CMC),

2. Click Servers,

3. Click Web Intelligence Report Server,

4. Set the Maximum Simultaneous Report Jobs more than 10,

5. The number depends upon the Users and Server Capacity

Hint: There is no limit for the number.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

To add to Sarbhjeet's reply you can scale ~ 5 jobs/ CPU core. Ex: Single Webi Job server on a quad core you can set the Max jobs allowed to 20 jobs.

Edited by: George Pertea on May 19, 2009 2:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

in our xi 3.1 we have 4 duals, not 2 quads for a toal of 8 CPU's. I have created 8 webi procesing servers, each one with a max job set to 20. I've been told we need to have a webi processing server for each CPU... is this not correct? CPU usage seems to be minimal - however, is there a correlation to performance.. if I reduce # of webi processing servers, will I be able to increase performance???