cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Replenishment Lead Time - MD41 - PP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am having the following issue regarding MRP and the Total Replenishment Lead Time (TRLT).

Scenario:

Material with the material master set as follows:

MRP2 tab = 60 days in-house production, 1 day GR Processing Time, and Procurement Type is E (in-house production).

MRP3 tab = 100 days on TRLT and the Availability Check is set to 02.

OVZ9 = 02 with Checking Rule PP setting Check Without RLT is NOT checked.

I run MD41 and then check MD04 and the order finish date for the planned order is only 2 weeks out. I would think the date would be at least 100 workdays from the date of the run. Since the TRLT in populated. Furthermore, we convert the planned order into a prod. order and the have long lead times, so 2 weeks is impossible.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the responses.

Vivek, When we run MD41 scheduling is set to 2. The material does have a routing, but where do I check to see if the routing has scheduling times? I am not familiar when the setup. I thought that if you maintained the TRLT that all other dates would be ignored....

Dogboy49, I checked the IMG setting Production>MRP>Planning>Scheduling and capacity Parameters>Parameters for determining the basic dates and made sure that the 'start date in past' is unchecked.

Still setting date 2 weeks out, not 100 days...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jef,

Go to CA02, enter the material number & plant. Then go to the operations tab, click on each operation & see what time has been maintained for each of them. Sum them up & it should total up to the value you're noticing in MRP result. You can let the system do this for you as well by selecting the scheduling option in the operation view & specify whether you want backward or forward scheduling, give the end or start dates respectively, it will show you the dates, by taking the operation times & wait times maintained.

When you specify value as 2 in scheduling in MD41, system reads the values from the routing & not from the material master, reason is because you're doing a precise scheduling.

Check & revert if the above resolves the issue.

Regards,

Vivek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

And also please check what is the stock available in the warehouse... and then check the what type osf sceduling u r maintaining...as per above sugeestions

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeffrey,

Also, check for IMG setting Production>MRP>Planning>Scheduling and capacity Parameters>Parameters for determining the basic dates. Make sure 'start date in past' is unchecked.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just a quick check, are you runing the planning with scheduling as 2, if yes, then can you check if you have a routing for this material & if so, then check the values maintained in the same. I suspect the 2 weeks are coming from there.

Check & revert.

Regards,

Vivek