Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Always Use Selected Format" check box in line items report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an issue in ECC 6.0.

From the transaction code FBL1N (Vendor Line Items) I am trying to export the report to spreadsheet by selecting the option List> Export>Spreadsheet then I have selected "Always Use Selected Format" check box. But if I execute the same report again I am not getting this option "Always Use Selected Format". Please let me how can we retrieve that option. Is there any possibility to get that option again either functionally or technically. I would like to know all the possible ways to get this option again.

Please do the needful.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor

Hello,

I think you are not exporting. You are trying to import the report to excel.

When you try to import from System => List. You will import as an excel file and it will not ask for any "always use select format". You will only give the file name and designated location in your PC.

There are various other options available on the menu screen itself. If you try with other options, you will get this option. Refer to other downloading options available on the report.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I am trying to import the report from FBL1N in ECC 6.0, I am going to menu List-->Export

-->Spreadsheet, then I will get a small window where I can choose the format and there is an option "Always Use Selected Format". Once we select that check box then that option will not come again. and I know there are other options also to download the report.

But here my concern is can we get that option again or not, if yes how can we get? I hope it is clear now. Please suggest me in this regard.

Thanks and Regards,

Havina

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understood, since you have selected always use this particular format, the system is automatically downloading in the same format. I am really not sure, but you can try deleting cookies in your local computer. But, still I doubt this would help.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In one my thread Mr. Frank has replied as follows. I believe he has solved this.

Hope this may be really helpful.

The problem with the spreadsheet download is at one point, users have selected their default file type.

That said, SAPGUI is working as it should. (gui710)

Question though is how do we reset the values so they get the ?Select Spreadsheet Format? popup again.

The following steps should be performed :

- Call transaction SE38, enter program SALV_BS_ADMIN_MAINTAIN, and press F8.

- Follow the parameters below :

- Select ?DELETE? on the Actions Group

- Select ?DETAILED SELECTION? on the General Data :

- On Client - your number

- User : <user name>

-Hit EXECUTE.

-Press ENTER on the POPUP

- If there is an entry in the report that will need to be deleted. Also, make sure that the entry you will delete (for the user) has a value of GUI_ALV_XML_VER on field ?Parameter? .

- Select the line and hit the DELETE icon .

- Press ?Y? to continue delete. Press ENTER on the popup.

- Then EXIT all the way out of the program.

NOTE : When you run program SALV_BS_ADMIN_MAINTAIN, make sure they are out of any program that they are using for download.

Regards,

Ravi

Edited by: Ravi Sankar Venna on May 15, 2009 2:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks a lot. It is working fine now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have tried your suggestion but it did not work for me

I got as far as Execute, got the popup but there was no option to delete

I also tried right-click on the ALV did not work either

Edited by: BARBIE_123$ on Jun 11, 2011 4:08 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I tried it again and the delete option came up

Thank you I am now able to reset

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

I have tried it again and I am now gettinbg the delete opttion

Thanks it has worked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the solution. You made my day.

Thanks,

Sesha

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the key point is that how to change ALV list. refer menu Setting\User Parameters...

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the below given screenshot. Hope this will help you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am from Basis Team, and i don't know which to T-code you are using for this, but in my case one of our functional team guy facing this issue with TCODE :FBL3N , below screen shot for your reference. In this screen no where my right click mouse button is working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just right click on the mentioned screen and you will get an option 'spread sheet'

then you can uncheck the default excel format option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank for your reply, in our case right click is not working on our window. So we used the command &RESET_EXCEL in command line where we run the tcode from the current window and it worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for this information! I was going crazy cause nothing else worked!

Former Member
0 Kudos

right click on a cell in the data section of your report, click on Spreadsheet.

The Select Spreadsheet box will appear,

You can then select a format and continue, or just exit the box . The next time you List -> Export -> Spreadsheet, the Select Spreadsheet box will again appear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks John Burkett

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please Like.

Thanks,

Nasser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot RAVI! Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi

john_burkett2
0 Kudos

The simply method is to right-click in the ALV grid window, and select spreadsheet. This resets the default checkbox for Always Use Selected Format

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks John Burkett works perfect!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The simply method is to right-click in the ALV grid window, and select spreadsheet. This resets the default checkbox for Always Use Selected Format

This was easy and worked like a charm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you John! Great tip.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is working fine.

Thank You

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I am trying to follow your below solution to resolve the issue in my system, but i didn't understand what is "ALV grid window" and where i need to right click, because i am trying to export the data from tcode FBL3N and in this screen no where i am able to use right click buttion. Please guide me.

The simply method is to right-click in the ALV grid window, and select spreadsheet.  This resets the default checkbox for Always Use Selected Format

Thanks,

Suresh Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammed,

I am also facing the same issue, could you please explain me how you resolved and where i need to right click & what is ALV Grid.

In my case entry is there in the table SALV_BS_ADMIN but not in the report SALV_BS_ADMIN_MAINTAIN, so i can't reset using this report. Please help me how to reset the values so they get the Select Spreadsheet Format? popup again.

Thanks,

Suresh Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

See the below given screenshot. Hope this will help you

Regards,

Muhammed Riyas C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

As nobody told how to change to ALV. Just in case, it is pretty simple:

When the report is ready, go to Settings then select Switch list. This switches the display method between standard and ALV back and forth.

Regards,

Sandor

sapimg
Explorer
0 Kudos

very thanks, I also had the same question.