SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS Retail Org Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have few queries :-

Difference b/w DC & Store in terms of SAP terminology?

How do we create Reference Site so that we can put it in site profile while creating sites?

Can a site(store) have a internal Vendor & customer?

Edited by: Jitendra S Rawat on May 20, 2009 6:24 AM

Edited by: Jitendra S Rawat on May 20, 2009 6:27 AM

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

i. The difference between store & DC (Distribution center):

Store is called Category A & DC is called category B. Normally store is selling point or Business area. DC is storing the goods and distributing to stores when get the requirement from stores.

Store is retail selling ...

DC is wholesale selling (But it is not compulsory to sell the goods and it can be a just store the goods & distributing to stores)

ii. To simplify the entry procedure when creating a new site, you can identify a reference site from which the system copies settings for the new site.

A refference site can be an existing site. It´s recomended to mantain a refference site (Which is not an actual store) for each distribution chain.

The data copied from the refference site to the new one includes:

• General site data (Org. data, company code, Purch. Org., Sales Org., etc).

• Valuation/Inventory Management.

• Listing.

• Requirements planning.

• Distribution.

• POS interface.

• Layouts.

iii. Store can be internal vendor to DC & Store is internal customer for DC.

Store's custmore are daily walk-in i.e who is purchasing the goods directly from store.

Regards,

navahsek

Edited by: navahsek on May 20, 2009 12:52 PM

0 Kudos

Hi navashek,

Thanks for your reply.

But i was looking for a diff answer except site category as for difference between Dc & store?

Regarding reference site, i want to know how can i create a ref site so that i can use it as reference in site profile?

At last while creating a site as store ,should i create internal vendor and customer as well.

waiting for your reply.

Regards,

jiten

0 Kudos

Hi Jiten,

There is no separate Tcode for creating Reference site in IS-Retail. You can use any existing site as a reference site but it is always advisible to use virtual site (not a actual store) as a reference site.

You must create a customer if your site profile is store . You must create customer & Vendor if your site profile is DC

The difference is,

Store

u2022 The place is called as Business Area or Responsible for selling the goods

u2022 Store has only customer master

u2022 Store is Goods receiver

u2022 category A

u2022 Store can procure article from DC (internal vendor) or directly from external vendor

u2022 Store can act as Customer

DC

u2022 The area which is responsible for procure, storage Sales area (Retail Store) & Goods Distribution

u2022 DC has customer & vendor master

u2022 Goods distributor to stores

u2022 Category B

u2022 It always procures Goods from external vendor & distribute to stores

u2022 DC can act as customer (customer for external vendor) & Vendor (Internal

Stores)

Regards,

Navahsek

0 Kudos

Hi Navashek,

thanks to give advice...

I have a senario where a store(xyz) has to send goods to DC and stores of different company code due to some reason.

In that case if we have define store(XYZ) has a internal vendor master then above senario works fine but

generally store has only customer master

.Am i right ,correct if wrong.

Secondly how does Tcode Refsite work to create reference site.

thanks again for you response..

jiten

0 Kudos

For your question #1.

- A store could also be setup as a internal vendor via configuration, if it's going to be used as a 'supply site' in stock transfer order creation.

For your question #2.

- There are two reference site 'concept' in SAP: the 1st one in IMG, it's used to facilitate the article master maintenance. The 2nd one in transaction ZREFSITE, it's more like 'site grouping', used for facilitating the processing of assortment, MASS_MARC and purchasing.

Don't mix up.

0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your comment,

If we define a Vendor account in site profile of Store then i suppose i can create a internal vendor.

correct if i am wrong.

thanks

jiten

0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

you're right. If you assign a vendor account in the site profile of your stores, then you can create a vendor master to the store and use it just like the vendor of a DC.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

1. The difference between DC & Store

(a) In SAP IS Retail, the Site Profile controlls the structure of DC & Store.

The main difference between a DC and a store is

DC acts as a site, customer and a vendor thats why you find a customer tab and a vendor tab while creating site profile as DC. This is because DC acts as a customer to its external vendor and acts as a internal vendor to stores.

Whereas, store acts as a site and a customer only. Thats why you find a customer tab alone while creating site profile store. This is because store acts as a customer to DC.

2. Can a site(store) have a internal Vendor & customer?

Store can act only as an internal customer since it procures merchandise from DC.

Regards,

Balamadhavan.

Edited by: Balamadhavan. G on May 25, 2009 11:46 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Balamadhavan. G,

Hi expert this what i have also read in IRT100 but practically u can create a store with internal vendor also.

I have worked on this senerio.

Can you throw some light on site as a Franchisee.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can I use LSMW to upload Sites? is it the best practise?

Regards,

Maha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use LSMW, we worked with LSMW in two projects. Unfortunately, there is an error when using batch-input. Our developer solved this, but I don't know exactly where the error occured.

I also heard from other project that they used import / export of sites as described in IMG (Logistic General -> Site Master --> Maintain sites).

Regards