cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start EH&S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I am new to EH&S. I am learning this module.From where should I begin ?

Is it possible possible start configuring on submodules without configuring Basic data and Tools.

Is BASIS team should be involved in configuring Basic data and Tools.

Regards,

Raj.K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajaram

I suggest you start with Basic Data and Tools ( This module is pre-requisite for other modules of EHS)

Basic Data and Tools provides you set of master data and basic tools (for import and Export) and also for expanding the specification database. Hence it is not possible to work on other modules if you do not set up Basic Data and Tools . Hence I suggest it is not feasible to work with other modules initially.

For configuring WWI server, EHS Expert, RFC destination creation, if ALE distribution is there , then you need BASIS support. However I feel if you have authorization then you should be able to do those by yourself and you do not need any basis support.

Thanks and Regards

Jayakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your guidence.

Can we start any EH&S component after setting of Basic data and Tools ?...I mean can I start waste Management first then rest components one by one hapazardously..

Thanks and Regards,

Rajaram.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajaram,

Yes, after setting the Basic Data and Tools, You can Start Waste Management. See in EHS following are some Sub Modules

1.Product Safety

2.Hazardous Substance Management

3.Dangerous Goods Management

4.Waste Management

5.Occupational Health

6.Industrial Hygiene and Safety

As per as Waste Management are concern, you can directly start the same after Basic Data and Tools settings.. Each sub module has it's own importance and thus they are as such seprate. so you can start any sub module as per your interest.

Eg.g In waste Management, you need to create some master datas Viz. Waste Generator, Waste Disposer, Waste Transporter, then assing the partners etc..

I hope you will find this helpful.

If my answer is satisfactory, Please grant me the points.

Regards,

Amol Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajaram,

also find a below link to SAP EHS Help Document.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/a5/3adda043be11d188fe0000e8322f96/frameset.htm

You will get a lot of information in the same.

Regards,

Amol Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is not possible to start working with Waste Management straight away- after setting up Basic Data and Tool. I am not sure what are the waste characteristics, if Dangerous Goods legislations fall into the scope or not. But for Waste Management to function, besides Basic Data and Tools, you need Product Safety, Dangerous Goods Management.

So if you want to start some where it is better to start with Basic Data and Tools, then Product Safety, then Dangerous Goods Management, then Waste Management, Industrial Hygine and Occupational health and Hazardous Substance management

Thanks and Regards

Jayakumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kulkarni,

SAP EHS has 5 major sub module Industrial Hygiene and safety (IHS), Occupational Health (OH), Waste Management (WM), Dangerous Goods Management (DG) & Product safety (PS). Every sub-module used Specification management mandatorily.

IH & OH are well integrated with SAP HR, also some of the functionality are integrated with SAP PM, SAP MM & SAP PP but detailed knowledge is not required in all these SAP Module.

Waste Management is well integrated with SAP MM, In my point of view prior exposure to SAP MM will help to understand the Waste Management under.

DG & Product safety is well connected with SAP SD, Prior exposure to SAP SD will definitely help to understand the DG & Product safety.

Apart from these major five there is Substance Volume Tracking (SVT) which is now integral part of Newly launched SAP REACH 1.1 for REACH Compliance solution.

I would suggest you to read SAP Help first and try learning Basic Data and tools. You could move to other modules of EHS once you understand the former one. Suggested to try with following links -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ehs27b/helpdata/en/A5/3ADD4643BE11D188FE0000E8322F96/frameset.htm

http://www.sap.com/about/newsroom/news-releases/press.epx?pressid=10988

Regarding the specification database:

OHS and Waste Management do not need specifications mandatorily. Waste Codes can be left out

and wastes are basically materials in the system.

BASIS team shall be involved in configuring Basic data and Tools, as

with regards,

mahesh