cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM P&F | Transfer form creating two infotype records when there is pay chg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am new to HCM Process and Forms. Our business found one problem with the current Transfer form we have in production. Form is initiated with previous payroll EFFECTIVE DATE say 04/25 .. all the receiving managers approval is done and when it comes to HR admin for approval , HR admin is changing the EFFECTIVE DATE to current payroll period say 05/09 and completes the process. Once HR admin approves, two info type (0/1/7/8/...) records are getting created : 1 st record being delimited with 05/08(04/25 - 05/08) and second record with begda 05/09 (05/09 - 12/9999). I was able to replicate this issue and I feel this is happening only in the case where there is pay change along with the transfer.(both the action records are created of type U2/U1)

Can any body give me some Idea what is causing this problem and where i should look. I looked at the workflow container values for the form fields and it is showing only one record with effective date 05/09.

Thank you for your help.

Hari.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would say it's not two records being correctly. Based on what you are showing, it is doing what it is suppose to do...

(1) Delmits any existing record with "effective date - 1".

(2) Creates the new record with the "effective date" as BEGDA using the new information from the form.

So what is it you are expecting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

It is with in a single process, why it has to create 2 records. First one 04/25 - 05/08 and second one 05/09 - 12/9999. As HR admin has the provision to change the effective date before approval(as a last step in the process), it should always take approval/confirmed record for storing into SAP.If there is no pay change in this process it is creating only one record with 05/09 - 12/9999.

Transfer Process:

Form Scenario1(Initiating Mgr, Effective date : 04/25) ---> Form Scenario2(Approving/Receiving Mgr, Effective date : 04/25 (no edit possible) ) -

> From Scenario2(2ND lVL MGR Approval, Effective date : 04/25 (No Edit possible)) ---> From Scenario3(HR admin Confirmation : changing Effective date from 04/25 to 05/09 and confirming).

Info type 0/1/7/8 etc ...

Begda Endda

05/09/2009 12/31/9999

04/25/2009 05/08/2009 (why this??)

01/31/2007 04/24/2009

Thank You Chris,

Hari.

Edited by: Harikrishna Gurram on May 21, 2009 3:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas please??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas please!!!

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmmm....just from "grins & giggles"....are you positive that one of your earlier process steps does not have it set in workflow to "save" the form after submitting? That would do exactly what you are seeing....

For example, if the "approve" step has the "save" parameter set in workflow and then also your last "process" has it set, you could very well have the information being saved twice. Fun eh? haha

Check it and let me know the result!

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

If that was the case it should save two entries in all the cases, but it is saving two entries only when there is change in effective date by HR admin in confirmation step.

I think Send_variation is the parameter which drives the save (I remember reading in one your blogs ). When I looked at Work flow container values for the scenario I executed.

1st approval by receiving manager : Send_Variation = B.

2nd Approval by Director : I couldn't see this field.

3rd Confirm by HR admin : Send_Variation = A.

When I looked at the technical details : View Workflow Agents :

Under HR Admin alone Update Infotype operations executed . for all the other agents there are only import form fields or check operations.

Thank You for your time Chris,

Hari.