cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sampling Scheme

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can anyone please explain step by step guide for creating a sampling scheme? I cant seem to understand the logic behind the Sampling table and AQL/ Inspection Severity?

Thanks and Regards,

DTD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Procedure by which the sample size for an inspection is determined.

In the sampling procedure, the valuation mode is also defined for the inspection result. A Sampling Scheme is a collection of one or more sampling tables, each of which contain one or more sampling plans. Sampling Scheme can have following Inspection Severity. 001 Inspection without sampling scheme 002 reduced inspection, 004 Normal inspection, 006 Tightened inspection. Sampling Scheme can have various AQL (Acceptable Quality Level) as per our standard scheme. (Determine the sample size on the basis of the lot size, inspection severity, or combination of inspection severity and AQL (actual quality level). Determine the number of physical samples, based on the lot size in an inspection lot in sample management.)

To create sampling scheme

Logistic - Quality Management - Quality Planning - Basic Data - Sample - Sampling scheme - create (QDP1)

Then give the name to the sampling scheme then enter and select options from following radio buttons

Sampling scheme = Type short text for sampling scheme

Valuation parameter = Choose a valuation parameter as attributive inspection

Sampling table for = Choose the severities for which sampling table is made generally as insp. severities

Usage indicator = Select Usage Indicator.

Enter again and

Sampling table appears as follows:

Lot size = Enter the lot size taken for inspection

Sample = Enter the sample size as per sampling scheme

Acceptance no. (c) = For an attributive inspection, the highest number of nonconforming units or the highest number of defects in a sample that leads to an acceptance of the inspection lot. Enter the acceptance no.

Rejection no. (d) = For an attributive inspection, the lowest number of nonconforming units and/or the lowest number of defects in a sample that result in a rejection. Enter the rejection no.

Click on the Save icon to save the data created in the system.

The screen u201CCreate Sampling Scheme: Initial Screenu201D shall appear with a pop up information

Screen with a message u201CThe sampling scheme u2026..Was created. u201Cif all the required fields are

Entered correctly. In case of any error the information Pop up screen shall indicate the error for

Please revert back for any clarification

Thanks

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Thanks a lot for the reply. I followed the steps. when i entered the Lot Size (whole qty) as 1000 and Sample size (sample qty) as 100 and c as 80 and d as 90. when i tried to save "Maximum lot size missing in at least one table of sampling instructions" message occurs. even if i read the message its not quite clear. why is this coming??

Thanks and Regards,

DTD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you have to do is after finishing all your required lot size and sample size defining is over; enter the maximum lot size as 1000xxxxxxxxxx till the maximum limit of the screen in the last row and define some quantity as sample size for example like 5000 or something like that. and then save it will solve your problem.

Thanks

Vinay