cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAD Error - Unable to reach the remote host spool system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have SAP ERP 6.0 Installed in one country and tried to add the network printers from different countries.

For some of the printers am getting error like "Unable to reach the remote host spool system".

I can able to ping to the network printer ip address, but dont know why i am getting this error.

Any suggestion pls to troubleshoot this problem.

Thanks

KT

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

christoph_ostrop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it may be a matter of the extremly bad design of SPAD gui,

that forces to maintain data with error, e.g. missing LPD-PortNo.

=> https://scn.sap.com/thread/3940963

0 Kudos

If you're using a windows print server, try starting a service call "SAPSprint" if it is not already running. This may resolve the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KT

First you should check as you type coupling printers.

Then check the ports, that port 515 is open on your firewall for this go to Control Panel settings-firewall add the port there in the list of exceptions.

This if your operating system is Windows, AIX changes to the settings of the printers on local servers.

check if the printers are in the local PC or if you are by JetDirect.

if the coupling is installed then the frontend xSPrint, or place your printer sap damon lift automatically.

Gustavo

If my reply helped you

Don't forget to give me points,

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hola Gustavo,

are you sure, that it's port 515 ? For me it was quite misleading and in the end it turned out, that the port is 8515, but after long long long long discussions with the network team and many other guys from the company. It took a LOT of efforts to get this sorted out!

Maybe this is somehow customizable ?

abhimanyu_pandey
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi..KT

I think you are using method U for printing. You are getting this error because the Host Spooler system's Firewall / Network firewall(may be router) is stoping the traffic from your SAP server.

To resolve it, Open Port 515 or disable the firewall ( first try with host system).

If it is not the conndition then it may be because of the network setting on router and firewall (IPsec).

Regards,

Abhimanyu