cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upload documents in material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Frineds,

I do not know much about DMS functionality, My client want to upload the documents in the material master -additional data-document data.

Kindly suggests how many ways are there to uplaod, also if possible pl guide with some procedure.

Thanks and regards,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Your requirement is integrating DMS with MM.

For this you need object linking functionality available in DMS.

in DC10>select doc type>double click on object link>go for new entries>select MARA as object or just type it and enter, it will fetch screen no. automatically.

save and go to transaction cv01n>select object links tab>and enter material number and save.

after saving by double clicking on material number you can go to mm or thru mm, additional data you can go to dms.

hope this works out..

Thank You,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx all,

My problem is resolved..

closing this thread.

Regards,

Anil

arabind_sahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Can you give some brief idea how you are able to mass upload of document in  material master.

I have also same requirement.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Arabind

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1. using CV01N, - object linking,

2. using MM01- Additional data- document data- creat new.

note:

this has to be done with some preconfiguration required in SPRO settings,

In DC10 defining object linking- u have to flag creat document, and add additional [it is optional]

3. for mass uplading using LSMW this requires some development. abaper will help u

rgds

benakaraj es

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

Before Linking Documents to Material Master You will have to carry out Some Configurations .

In Transaction Code DC10

1. Create Document Type Say MAD with Diescription * Materail Document*.Try Creating Document Type by copying any standard Document Type say Document Type DRW

2. You will have to Link Object MARA to Document Type.

Then Create document and Link to MM as described by sam.

With Regards

Mangesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can attach documents with Material Master from 2 ways,

1)From DMS Transactions,

1. Create a Document using Tr .code CV01N. Assign the Document Type (if created by you as per your requirement or use the standard existing document type)

2. In Document Data Tab, you can maintain document short description and Document Status. Assign the Original application file like Word file, HTM file, CAD drawings etc. based on application type and upload from the path where your file is stored in the local or remote system.

3. Now you can link the Document Info Record to Material Master in the Objects Link Tab.

2)From MM Transactions,

In Tr. code MM02->Basic data view->additional data->Document Data, you can create DIR and attach original application file to that DIR.

i think this will solve your problem,

thanks,

rauno_veberson2
Participant
0 Kudos

It's been a while since this post got any answers and I'm faced with the same problem. However I'd like to add document data to material using fm/bapi. Is there such a function module?

P.S. I found a way to add document to Design Drawing but that's not where I want it to be.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Better way to record one BDC for CV01n and in that assign object link- Material master. this help to upload no. of document within same material as well as, one document / material.

Regards