cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger Workflow when saving a Business Partner after changes done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi WF Experts,

I need to trigger a workflow after doing changes in a Buisness Partner from transaction FPP2. For example, if I change the name of a BP and click on save. Only then, the WF is triggered. Then a workflow item needs to be sent to the requestor inbox.

Can anyone explain how to trigger the WF?

Thanks and regards,

TM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

surjith_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you changed the Business Partner

1) Goto T.code SWEL and find the BO & triggering Event

2) Then goto T.Code SWO1 and give the BO, then using the where use list find any std. workflow available. IF available, make you of it

3) If not Exist, then Go to T.Code SWDD and develop your Workflow using the BO & Event

See this [Link|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0bbdb3c-d640-2a10-d3b2-e4d9b90536a6] for build a workflow.

Regards,

Surjith

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186746
Active Contributor

Hi,

Business Partner is BO BUS1006, it has got a CHANGED event.

So all you need now is to check if an event is already triggered when changing a BP (SWELS), or if you need to use a change document to trigger the event (SWED).

I think standard it should be active.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Ok my scenario is as follows:

- User1 makes a change in the name of BP. Then WF triggered and workitem sent to Inbox of User2. At this time the changes has not been saved yet.

-User2 will then open the Workitem and approve it. Only then the changes are effected.

Can you please explain how it will be achieved?

Thanks

TM

saumya_govil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tush,

I understand your requirement.

I have also faced a similar issue. In such a case you need to use Action Profiles.

Create an Action that would be associated to BO BUS1006. Trigger your action on save press and select Action merging as Max. 1 Unprocessed Action for Each Action Definition.

Add your conditions in the start conditions and associate the workflow as the processing type for the action. This would help you trigger the workflow only on save of the BP.

You would find much information on SDN to start off with Actions.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Saumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saumya,

Thanks a lot for the response. Can you please explain how to link the configuration done for Action profile with my Workflow?

Thanks and regards

TM

saumya_govil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tush,

You can refer the following wiki for details:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/CRM/Actionprofilesin+SAP-CRM

There is one step more to do apart from the ones listed in this wiki, that is to associate the action profiel to the business transaction.

Please go through each step and let me know if you face any issues.

hope this helps!

Regards,

Saumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saumya,

Thanks. From Wiki, I need to look for the path for 'Contract account Receivable and Payable unlike --> 'SAP Reference IMG -> Customer Relationship Management ->Basic Functions -> Actions -> Actions in Transactions'.

Can you please guide from where I could get 'Actions in Transactions' apart from CRM?

Thanks

TM