cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return from customer movement type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We use in our system 653 mov.type when we return goods from customer.

Usually we create the return order with reference to the original customer order and the original customer order is MTO (make to order) . When posting the 653 mov.type the system take the cost of the material (VPRS) from moving average price of unrestricted stock.

My question is : in cases that my return customer order is with reference to original customer order, is it possible to configure a movement type (or other way) that the system will take the cost from the original customer order and not from the cost in unrestricted stock and in advance it will affect the moving average price ??

I will try to explain by an example:

I have in stock 10 pieces each for 5 $,

My return order has 4 pieces that has cost of 8 $ in the original customer order.

The system behavior today after returning the stock with 653 mov type:

I have 14 pieces with cost of 5 $ - no change in moving average price and VPRS cost for profitability analysis is 5 $

The desirable behavior according to my expectations:

I will have 14 pieces with cost of (50+32)/14=5.8 u2013 the moving average will change according to cost in original customer order 8 $ and VPRS cost for profitability analysis is 8$.

I hope I made my self clear enough

Regards

Idit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The sytem behaviour in this case is correct only.

When you do a sales the material sold determines the COGS and your porfitability based on the material MAP price. and this will not eefect your MAP when you sell the goods, so its the same case when you take return of the material the Sytem picks up the MAP and determines the COGS - return and calculates the profitability.

MAP changes only in case of Purchase orf material not at time of sales returns.

this is a strange requirement though. You need to check from legal end also as you are not declaring your profit correctly.

Thanks & Regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kishore,

Thanks for your answer.

I can understand the idea that MAP changes only in case of Purchase of material not at time of sales returns.

But I want to give you a case that causes problems in our view:

Most of my sale cases are MTO, that means that I buy for order and therefore my MAP will not be affect.

Example: my MAP 3 $ I buy to order for 5 $ and when I will do GR it will not affect the MAP (101E)

When I will return the goods (653) I want that the cost from vendor (5$) will affect the MAP because this was the real cost from my vendor but when I return the stock I return it to unrestricted stock.

I have cases that I transfer sales order stock to unrestricted stock and the MAP is change according to cost of sales order (411E/412E) u2013 it's the same in my logic - the MAP change according to the real cost from vendor.

I will be happy to have your response.

Kind Regards

Idit