6 Replies Latest reply: May 31, 2009 3:37 AM by cui chao RSS

Data source enhancement questions

cui chao
Currently Being Moderated

Dear colleagues:

In my  project, I need do a little bit datasource enhancement,But i have two questions about this process.

1) is there any limitation about the new field which I want to append to the datasource.

2) whether  the enhancement code in CMOD is necessary  or not? because i found I do not need make ABAP code in cmod in some case. but the new field also can be exact.

Thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Re: Data source enhancement questions
    Mansi Dandavate

Answers below :

1. Yes there are limitations. Suppose only the enhanced field changes then the delta wont be captured.

If you want the delta to be captured only based on that field, you need to write separate code for that.

2. CMOD code is necessary. However in few cases where the field to be added is from one of the standard tables on which the datasource is based, the field is extracted without CMOD code. But you need to test it. I have never come accross such a thing, but heard it.

Santosh Dhanawade

Hi,

For datasource enhancement the CMOD code is necessary, it will only possible when you properly code

the enhancement so that the extract structure is populated correctly.

Regards,

SD

Sadeesh V

Hi

Just to add to the above points, you can debug the code which you have written in RSA3 by checking the check box debug mode and execute.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Sadeesh

vinod bokade

hi...

Limitations regarding data source enhancement, there must be some link between the key fields and the enhanced fileds so that can be read from the internal table which ll be get filled with the select query using join.

e.g. If i need to enhance 2LIS_02_ITM with some PO history data from EKBE table, then PO no and PO ITEM No. will become key to fetch data from EKBE table to get the required field.

Yes you need to go for CMOD in order enhance the field toa standard data source. If you want to create a generic extractor using view or infoset, coding part can be eliminated.

Hope this ll be helpful

Thank-You

Regards,

VInod

Siva Thottempudi

Hi,

1) is there any limitation about the new field which I want to append to the datasource.

Based on the extraction mode you need to follow some limitations.

For LO

If you are using LO extractors, first append the field to the standard table( appending table should be a part of extract structure of your data source).

Then move the field from communication structure of appended table to Extract structure in LBWE transaction.

Maintain the data source for newly added field in LBWE transaction. If appending field is key figure then you need to take care about the inversion property. 

For Non LO

You can directly append the field to the extra structure of your data source.

Use the transaction RSA6 to append the field.

2) Whether the enhancement code in CMOD is necessary or not? because i found I do not need make ABAP code in cmod in some case. but the new field also can be exact.

Yes you need to write the logic in CMOD to fetch the data of enhanced field (If the added  field is not the part of your data source). It will capture only delta records for the enhanced field. If any structure changes in R/3 then you need to change the corresponding structure for the newly added field to fetch the data in BW side.

Regards,

Kishore

Edited by: Siv Kishore on May 27, 2009 8:07 AM

cui chao

hi friends:

Thans for your all replies,Ihave get idea!

david

Actions