Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card ID # -starts with a Zero

andrewbleier
Explorer
0 Kudos

V 2007A (8.00.177) SP: 00 PL:41

A customer has provided a credit card id # that starts with the number zero....When you update the BP info info, the zero disappears and you are only left with 2 of the 3 digits. I tried putting in an astrik or a dash and even the letter o and it says invalid character.

Bug? Fix?

Let me know, thank you !

Andrew

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I only have 2007A PL42 environment. There is no such problem as you mentioned. Try to check your Demo DB to see if there is same problem.

andrewbleier
Explorer
0 Kudos

I think i have figured this out...but believe that i have may have located a bug

When I turn on System Information and hover the mouse above the different fields in the Payment Terms Tab the description seems to agree with the field label.

Example..."Credit Card Type" = Credit Cards

"Expiration Date." = Credit Card Validity (date)

When i hover the mouse over the field labeled ID# - here is what the system information says

Average Payment Delay in Days (Numbers From: -32,768 to 32,766)

Form=134 Item=145 Pane =6 Variable =1 OCRD, AverageLate

Is this a bug? If so, does a newer patch level correct this?

Edited by: Andrew Bleier on May 28, 2009 9:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Credit Card ID # is for Owner's ID, it should be a text field.

andrewbleier
Explorer
0 Kudos

I agree that this should be a text box...but the system information is telling me that the field is linked to "average payment delay in days"

...also, when processing a payment via credit card, the payment means tab / ID NO. is drawing the information from the Zip Code field at the BP level (OwnerIDNum)

When processing a credit card we need both the ID # and the zip code... Will you check to see if this is the same on your test loads or if this is something that has gone wrong in my database.

thank you

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe you are talking about the ID Number in the payment terms tab for Business Partner Master Data.

On PL41, I am able to see a zero adding. I tested in US Localisation.

Can you confirm localisation?

Regards,

Jitin

SAP Business One Forum Team

andrewbleier
Explorer
0 Kudos

This is a Mastercard - I have called the client and re-confirmed the ID #. Additionally, the customer is telling me that someone else in her office also has a "0" as the first number of their ID #.

I have never seen this, but it seems to be legitimate.

ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I never find any Credit Card ID # starting with a Zero. What cards are these?

Thanks,

Gordon