cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard & Analytics - Configuration problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody.

I've got a problem to configure the Repository-settings in Dashboard & Analytics Setup.

CMS-Information I fill with the settings from the BOE-CMS. The test results the message "Valid CMS and user."

With the Repository Informations this is a bit more difficult.

When choosing the BO sample universes "efashion" or "club" the connection works.

But when I choose a universe wich based on SAP BW data the connection didn't work. The test results the message "Driver not capable: Transactional mode."

Any ideas?

Greetings,

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

SAP is not a supported datasource for Dashboard repository. Please refer to page 11/26 of BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1 Windows Supported platforms document

Hope this helps.

-Subhodeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Subhodeep.

Thank you for your answer.

But are you sure that it is correct? I fear it isn't.

A few sites after the document writes this:

Support for SAP Application Servers

BusinessObjects XI Integration for SAP Solutions must be installed in

order to use an SAP application server as a data source. For the latest

information on SAP platforms required by BusinessObjects XI

Integration for SAP Solutions, please visit the support area of the

website: http://www.businessobjects.com. The following list of

products is applicable to SAP application server support:

- Crystal Reports (OLAP and Relational)

- Dashboard Builder (OLAP)

- Live Office (OLAP and Relational)

- QaaWS (OLAP) using Crystal XCelsius

- Voyager (OLAP)

- Web Intelligence (OLAP)

We're using XI3.0 with the SAP Integration Kit.

Sebastian.

Edited by: Sebastian Li on Jun 2, 2009 8:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Datasource for Dashboard repository is different than supported datasources to build Metrics on and then build Analytics...

I mean to say that in order to use Dashboard And Analytics Product, we first need to set it up. In doing so we need to choose a connection. This connection can't be a SAP datasource. However, after the product has been set up, you can always build metrics based off SAP data.

Again, please refer to page (10/24) in [XI 3.0 Windows Supported Platforms Document |https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001481542008E.PDF]

Thanks,

Subhodeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again for your answer.

To make it 100% clear to me:

I could not use the Analytics & Dashboard tools in InfoView to analyse SAP data because the repository don't accept Universes that bases on SAP Infosources.

Is that correct?

Or is it possible with a special Universe? I've read something about metric universes in the manual and that it is described in the Designer manual how to build one. But that isn't true.

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Dashboard And Analytics repository does not accept repository Universes that bases on SAP Infosources.

You'll find more clarify when once you set-up Dashboard and Analytics (using supported datasources)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Subhodeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your help!

I'll try a bit with the sample universes. But with my focus on SAP BW these tools become unimportant for me.

A bit sad, cause they might add an overvalue to the data mining possibilities of Netweaver.

Greetings,

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's what I'll do if I were you:

• Setup Dashboard And Analytics repository (conforming to supported platforms)

• Having done so, go to System Setup > Universe to add SAP based Universe.

(Note: You'll see Universe and Dimension link under Dashboard And Analytics > System Setup only if you've valid XI 3.X 'Performance Manager' License Key - which is seperate from 'Enterprise' and 'Dashboard Builder' key)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Subhodeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've got similar problem.

My system repository information cannot be change to the desired connection.

The test results the message "Driver not capable: Transactional mode."

For your information,

DATABASE : Greenplum

DATA SOURCE : Generic ODBC using PostgreSQL

BOE 3.1

My question is:

- Is it my problem because of a not supported platform ( by using greenplum database and postgresql odbc ) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norsyahida,

Unfortunately, yes.

Regards

Subhodeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, the solution is, need to change the database ?

Answers (0)