cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Header vs Item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have this question and could not find an appropriate thread in the forums. Part of my sales report, I decided to use extractor 2LIS_11_VAITM so that I can get item level details. I compared the fields of this extractor to 2LIS_11_VAHDR and found not much difference. Almost all the fields are there in both like Sales Org, Customer, Material, Dist Channer and Divsion etc.

1. Do I need to combine both the extractors to get the complete data in the report? 'coz requirements say the report should have 'complete data' of sales orders.To be precise report will display sales by Sales Org, by Customer, by Material, by Sales Rep, by Region etc.

2. Is that too much if I want to combine all header level and item level datasources into one single DSO and Cube? Like, 2LIS_11_VAHDR, 2LIS_11_VAITM, 2LIS_12_VCHDR, 2LIS_12_VCITM, 2LIS_13_VDHDR and 2LIS_13_VDITM into one customized DSO and further into 0SD_C03?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sven_mader2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

1. there are same difference - the keyfigures.

2. create ODS and infocubes for each datasource.

=> It's easier to manage.

=> you have a unique key (all characteristics and keyfigures are filled).

=> in the query you can explicit the right infocube. It's will be faster. So, you have different infocubes - the query will be execute in parallel.

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sven,

Thanks very much. Do you mean one DSO and one Cube for every single DataSource? In that case, for a complete solution for SD report/s, I am looking at 6 DSOs and 6 Cubes(minimum). These are my ds's: 1. 2lis_11_vahdr

2. 2lis_11_vaitm

3. 2lis_12_vchdr

4. 2lis_12_vcitm

5. 2lis_13_vdhdr

6. 2lis_13_vditm

Further, is it recomended to combine all these into one common DSO(via Open Hub) to make the data available to non sap reporting environment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Latha,

I recommend that:

1) Install Business content DSO and cubes related to these data sources and either create custom data targets by copying the business content data sources or extract the data directly in business content data targets.

2) Create multiprovider on top of these data targets to merge the data in one data target or do RRI from one report to another for showing all the detail level data.

3) I think from multi provider you can do retraction of the data.

I don't think it is good to merge all the data in one data target. You might face lot of design issues.

Regards,

Kams

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kamlesh,

Thanks a bunch. Items 1 and 2 are quite helpful. Can you pl explain "retraction of the data"? What is it, it's purpose and how to do the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Latha,

It is a term used to send the data from BI to other system same as open hub . Opposite of extraction process.

Regards,

Kams

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Latha,

If you observe header and item level data sources it has most of the common characterstics in order to club and put into corresponding infocubes. One main difference is you will have one key figure ie "number of orders" like that at header level data sources. If you don't require this key figure in your reports as per business requirements. I think you no need to pull the data from header level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kamlesh,

I could not find BI Content datastore objects for Shipping HDR, ITM and Billing HDR and ITM. I found 0CDS_DS05 Deliveries, and want to know if it is appropriate? If yes, is it a common dso for both HDR and ITM? Thanks in advance. Points assigned.

Answers (0)