cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection or SQL sentence error in refreshing reports on DESKI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello BO experts,

I am getting an some errors while Refreshing the reports on DESKI.

Error Messages:

'Connection or SQL sentence error: (DA0005).'

'Exception: DBD, ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified.'

'A connection required to refresh this document is unavailable. (DA0004).'

Some suggested that it is related to tnsnames.ora, i tried to get it replaced bt still no use.

Has anybody ever faced this kind of issue and could suggest possible workaround for this problem

Thanks and Regards

Priyanka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get this error while generating the report through infoview but it is working fine, if I run the report in Deski. Any can help?

former_member212749
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Try going to the server machine where you installed Business objects then from there try to ping the database.

Test if that is working fine.If fine then check the universe and it is pointing the correct DB.

Regards

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

It might be a connection issue in Server side...check the universe connection in server..ask server support team to verify the connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My problem is solved !!!

This issue was arising because we had 2 version of oracle client-- oracle 8 and oracle 10 g (which we got recently installed) as a result of which there were 2 tnsnames.ora in the system and the DESKI was trying to make an connection using tnsnames.ora present in oracle 10g as oracle_home variable got changed to point to oracle 10g after its installation.

So to rectify this problem--

1. we first copied the tnsnames.ora of oracle 8 to oracle 10 g

2. and then we set the oracle_home variable to point back to oracle 8

And hence our problem got resolved.

Regards

Priyanka

0 Kudos

Hi,

which version of BOBJ and which version of the Oracle Client do you use?

Do you get the error on your client (DeskI Editor) or in the InfoView?

Regards,

Stratos

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

first you have to check that your BO server can reach the DB using the tnsnames.ora file

go to your server and from there check that you can access the DB correctly with the same credentials you use.

is this report deployed to the enterprise or you use it from your client machine?

good luck

Amr