SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Error occurred in derivation rule" & "No commitment item entered in item".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unable to create Purchase Request (PR) and the following error message shows

"Error occurred in derivation rule. See Long Text"

Diagnosis

Fund From Commitment Item

No entry in a derivation rule was found for the specified source fields.

The derivation rule was set up that an error message appears when this happens.

The required derivation rule entry would need the following source fields:

Commitment Item

xxxxxxx

Procedure:

Create an entry in a derivation rule for these source field values. Make sure that entries exist for all the valid source field values. If the derivation should not always be carried out, you can also define rule so that no error message appears if a derivation rule entry does not exist.

Can any one help how to find out the root cause of the error and solve this issue

Regards,

GB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to duplicate your error by creating the following.

I went to transaction FMDERIVE and created a derivation rule and named it "Fund From Commitment Item".

On the definition tab, I selected committment item (COMMIT_ITEM) for the source field and the target field selected (FUND).

The condition tab was left blank. NOTE: On the attribute tab I selected the option "Issue Error Warning If No Value Found).

I entered no rule values (F9) within the rule (for example such as commitment item XXXXXXX = fund YYYYY) and saved.

After creating this derivation rule, I get the same error message because there were no values in the derivation rule (the source commitment item used was not found in the rule).

If Fund is a field that is always keyed manually then I would not have such a derivation rule.

But you may have some exceptions (like we do) and in the case of exceptions you can populate the derivation rule with those exceptions... i.e. whenever commitment item XXXX is used then the fund should be equal to YYYY further using your conditions and attributes for your custom needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello GB

Seems that you have a derivation step named 'Fund From Commitment Item'. In FMDERIVE, there should be combination for the given commitment item deriving a Fund .

With the help of Note 666322 you can turn the trace for FMDERIVE on, and analyze the log to find out how to adjust the derivation rules at posting time.

You can switch the trace on, and then go to ME51N to create the PR. A Popup will be displayed whenever the FMDERIVE is called, with the source and target values

Hope it will help

Kind regards

Mar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to duplicate your error by creating the following.

I went to transaction FMDERIVE and created a derivation rule and named it "Fund From Commitment Item".

On the definition tab, I selected committment item (COMMIT_ITEM) for the source field and the target field selected (FUND).

The condition tab was left blank. NOTE: On the attribute tab I selected the option "Issue Error Warning If No Value Found).

I entered no rule values (F9) within the rule (for example such as commitment item XXXXXXX = fund YYYYY) and saved.

After creating this derivation rule, I get the same error message because there were no values in the derivation rule (the source commitment item used was not found in the rule).

If Fund is a field that is always keyed manually then I would not have such a derivation rule.

But you may have some exceptions (like we do) and in the case of exceptions you can populate the derivation rule with those exceptions... i.e. whenever commitment item XXXX is used then the fund should be equal to YYYY further using your conditions and attributes for your custom needs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checked FM Derive and found the commitment item error.

Thanks for informaiton.