cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editable RTF Export Option missing Box and Line.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Our client need to edit the Crystal Report once it is save; hence, we had upgraded our Crystal Report to version 12 for .NET which allow us to use Editable RTF Export Option.

However, all the Lines and Boxes that was originally in the Report is lost when the report is exported in Editable Rich Text Format.

Any possible fix for this? Our client needs to modified more than 2 lines of text which can shift object out of alignment; hence, the reason we uses Editable Rich Text Format. Unfortunately, all boxes and lines are lost which our client finds unacceptable.

Or work around suggestion?

Our version is version 12.0.1100 for VS .NET 2005.

Thanks, much appreciated.

Dan

Edited by: Dan Ng on Jun 2, 2009 6:57 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Dan;

If you export from the Crystal Reports Designer to Editable RTF Export do you have the same issue?

Regards,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Yes it still does. Basically each time the report is saved in Editable RTF, Box and Lines are lost.

Thanks for inquiring.

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Dan;

I'll move your post to our Crystal Reports Design forum where issues that occur in the Designer are answered.

Regards,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do anyone know if this is a Crystal Report Bug? Our client wants Editable RTF to export Boxes and Lines. If it is a bug, when will it be fixed?

The reason why the standard RTF is not desirable is because the exported report will be edited by another party; hence, we upgrade our Crystal to version 12 and uses the Editable RTF. However, boxes and lines are missing when exporting report as Editable RTF.

Is there any workaround? It got to a point where they want us to re architect the project not to use crystal and I don't really want that to happen.

Dan

0 Kudos

This was fixed in CR XI R2 so should also be fixed in CR 2008. Make sure you are using the 12.2.x.x assemblies.

If this is still an issue Please re-post if this is still an issue to the .NET Development - Crystal Reports Forum or purchase a case and have a dedicated support engineer work with you directly

Found the adapt for this: Problem_Report: ADAPT00311246

This is by design and is a limitation

Edited by: Don Williams on Oct 5, 2009 9:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Thanks for the respond. Much appreciated.

Previously I was using V1 for CR 2008.

However, when I attempted to upgrade to Version 12.2. All my assemblies still point to Version 12.0.2000.

Yet when I look at where the reference is pointed to in Window Explorer it said Version 12.2.2000.X.

Here's a zipped up word document illustrating what the issue I have with screen print. Could you help me determine what else I'm missing?

http://www.encompass-technologies.com/download/CrystalReport12.2.zip

I tried exporting Editable RTF with a test project, yet the exported rtf is still missing lines and boxes.

I desperately need Editable RTF to export Lines and Boxes. There's no turning back now.

If anyone can help point me to the right direction, that would be great.

Thanks

Dan

0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Moving this to the .NET forum.

You won't see the assemblies version change, we do that so you don't have to rebuild if patches are installed. You will see the version of the dll change though.

Thanks

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Don, I had a question regarding your respond that you post almost a month ago.

You mentioned something is fixed:

This was fixed in CR XI R2 so should also be fixed in CR 2008

Do you mean the line and box issue is fixed for Editable RTF export? I was under the impression that you meant the box and line is fixed. However, when I installed CR 2008 Version 12.2.X on my box, exporting report as Editable RTF still fail to show Line and Box.

But then you mentioned it is by design and is a limitation:

Found the adapt for this: Problem_Report: ADAPT00311246

This is by design and is a limitation

So I'm a bit concern that even if i roll out CR 2008 SP2 run time files, our client still can't see the line & box once the Report is exported as Editable RTF.

The reason i need to use Editable RTF is that our client will occasionally add additional paragraphs to the exported Report. Editable RTF works the best for such task since we're not limited by frame's location / size. Unfortunately Box and Line went missing when report is exported with Editable RTF.

Is there a workaround? If so, please let me know.

Thanks everyone for reading this far. (was originally sending it for Don, but if everyone have any input, let me know as well).

Much appreciated.

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I guessed there's no workaround for this issue?

Editable RTF just can't export the report without losing all the lines and Boxes.

(reason we need editable RTF is our user will modify the rtf file such as adding paragraphs once the report is exported)

Please confirm that this is truely the limitation on Crystal Report and there will be no fixed for this in the future.

Thanks

Dan

Answers (0)