cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Errcode 139 running boe_cmsd

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to install XI r3 on RHEL4. I've tried this installation about 10 times with no luck. I have the latest install binaries and the OS has been updated with all of the latest patches. I have tried using an Oracle database on a separate server and also with the self-deployed MySQL database for the CMS repository.

No matter what I try, the installation bombs with the following:

Errcode 139: "/opt/bo/bobje/enterprise120/linux_x86//boe_cmsd" -name MyCMS.cms -loggingPath "/opt/bo/bobje/logging/" -pidFile "/opt/bo/bobje/serverpids/bobje_cms.pid" -dbinfo "/opt/bo/bobje/enterprise120/linux_x86/_boe_MyCMS.dbinfo" -connect ***** -dbdriver mysqldatabasesubsystem -fg -reinitializedb -defaultlocale en -quit

I have googled and googled and nothing comes up for Errcode 139 and BO XI. Searching these forums for Error 139 gave me nothing either.

Anyone have any thoughts about this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have exactly the same problem on RHEL 5.4 with Oracle 11g too.

Did you get to fix this ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow the SAP note: 1324049

Symptom

Business Objects install fails at 55% and abort with following errors:

install: [error] Errcode 139: "<INSTALL_DIR>/bobje/enterprise120/linux_x86//boe_cmsd" -name $HOSTNAME.cms -port 6500 -loggingPath "<INSTALL_DIR>/bobje/logging/" -pidFile "<INSTALL_DIR>/bobje/serverpids/$SIANAME_cms.pid" dbinfo "<INSTALL_DIR>/bobje/enterprise120/linux_x86/_boe_$HOSTNAME.dbinfo" - connect ***** -dbdriver mysqldatabasesubsystem -fg -reinitializedb -defaultlocale en -quit

[error] [PostInstallScripts::WaitForCMS] CMS is not started, giving up.

Log file extract (BusinessObjects.12.1.log):

=== [1264765563] End: Execution of Java: -jar "<INSTALL_DIR>/setup/utils/cmslogon/cmslogon.jar" "$HOSTNAME:6400" Administrator "" secEnterprise

[info] Return code from cmslogon.jar: 1

[error] [PostInstallScripts::WaitForCMS] CMS is not started, giving up

Cause

When reaching this point of the install, BOE installer actually "configures" the CMS by filling in the necessary information in the CMS database. Failures at that point are related to the inability of configuration tools to communicate with the CMS process.

Possible causes that can lead to this behavior:

Multi-homed systems (OS with several network card)

Wrong mapping in the /etc/hosts file (the hostname has to be associated with a valid IP)

In some cases, caching deamons can cause this (nscd)

Virtual IP can also generate this kind of problem (in the latest investigation on this matter, ping -a hostname was returning 127.0.0.1 even though the system was correctly configured)

Errors in the DNS/FQDN naming resolution can also lead to this.

Resolution

Double-check the network configuration on the OS. The following checks are provided as a guideline and should only be done under supervision of a Unix administrator.

Check the IP configuration of the server: ifconfig -a

Check the hosts file

Ping from the server itself, using ping -a hostname and make sure it resolves on an external IP (and not the loopback interface 127.0.0.1)

Flush the name server caching daemon (nscd) (/usr/sbin/nscd -i hosts)

Uncomment the following parameter in /etc/nscd.conf: enable-cache hosts off

Check /etc/nsswitch.conf (is the hosts resolved through files, dns, other...)

Run the same checks based on the FQDN of the server if one has been assigned.

Edited by: Anil Bommu on Aug 18, 2010 10:45 PM