cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10901 - {Microsoft}{ODBC SQL Server Driver}{SQL Server} Login failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I hope that you will be able to assist me with an error that have on a WEBI report that I created.

The WEBI report is based on an SQLServer universe (using ODBC connection), and it is working just fine in the Web Intelligence Rich client. (preview is possible and I see all the DB data correctly).

When I am trying to run it in a dashboard (via the Infoview) I get the following exception:

"a database error occurred. The database error text is: {ODBC SQL Server Driver}{SQL Server} Login failed for user 'XXXXX\ZZZZZZ'... WS10901"

I have no idea what is the issue, since the reports runs just fine in the Rich Editor.

Can you please assist?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

have you tried to test the ODBC connection on your BOBJ server? Do you get connected to your SQL server?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure, and it is working just fine.

Actually, I was able to define the universe, so the ODBC should be ok....

0 Kudos

Hi,

do you run the universe designer on your BOBJ server or do you have a local client installation for this? The universe designer always uses the local ODBC client, when designing the universe.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Universe Designer is on the BOBj Server. The ODBC that is defined on this same server.

0 Kudos

Is this a 32bit or a 64bit windows server?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

32bit windows server

0 Kudos

Hi,

are you using SQL Server 2005, Windows AD SSO and the universe connection is set to use SSO?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I am using SQL Server 2005.

I am not familiar what is Windows AD SOO.

About the Authentication mode of the Universe, Yes, it was set to "use specified username and password".

When I change the Authentication mode of the Universe to "Use SSO when refreshing reports at view time" the test connection fails.

the detailed error is:

CS: SSO failed in CMS, contact your sysadmin for details : Single Sign-On failed because the required components have not been properly initialized. Please contact your system administrator.

How should I solve it? How do I initialize it / set CMS to SSO?

BTW - this issue suddenly appeared after a certain period of time that it worked just fine....

0 Kudos

Hi

can you please check if in the ODBC driver the setting "trusted connection" checkbox is selected?

Under which account do your BOBJ services run on the windows box? Which version of BOBJ are you using?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just remember that I use a bo with XP on it and not Win Server.....

Could it be the issue???

For your last questinos:

- BOBJ version is XI 3.1.

- The account i use is the user that i have on this box.

- I can not find the place to set the "trusted connection" in the "Configure" wizard of the ODBC connection. How to get there?

0 Kudos

One more question: Which of the following options is set for your ODBC driver?

"With Windows NT authentification ....."

"With SQL Server authentification ....."

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

The option of "With Windows NT authentification ....." is set.

Regards,

Doron

P.S - Thanks for the assitance and the time that you put on my issue!

0 Kudos

Hi,

the problem is that the driver uses the credentials of the user that runs the calling process to access the SQL server. If the WebI rich client is the calling process then this is not a problem since you started it using your own Windows user. The problem is that when you are viewing the report in the InfoView the calling process is the WebI report server. The process runs normally using the credentials of the local system account. If your SQL server resides on a separate machine, then it cannot authenticate these credentials since we are talking about a local user here.

I would suggest to create a technical user inside your SQL server (with enough access rights), set the "With SQL authentication option ...." in the driver and the option "use specified username and password" in your universe connection. In the properties of the universe connection you have to enter the username and the password of the newly created DB user. Please do not forget to export your universe again in the BOBJ repository after that. Now WebI will always try to access the SQL server using the username and password of the technical user defined in the SQL server.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

You solved my problem, Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing similar problem. I have created ODBC connection for SQL Server 2000 local as well in BOBJ server with all necessary credentials. After creating universe using same data sourse(System DSN) when i run query in Infoview, im getting following error,

A database error occured. The database error text is: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified. (WIS 10901).

Im using BO XI 3.1 for universe design.

Also when i check the list of available connections in Designer, my newly added connection is not present.

Which is better and best way to connect SQL server in Universe among, ODBC or OLEDB?

Please help me to solve the above issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

same problem...

i must go on with windows ad authentication..

but i can run from web int the reports. but i cannot run from infoview..

i cant use sql server authentication..

what can i do?

any suggestions?

Answers (0)