cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP REACH Compliance. Product Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have just one quick question regarding SRC. Do we need to have BOM information in SAP R/3??

I can see that in the portal the Product Structure is displayed but I am not sure if this is taked from the substance composition (Exact Information based on Products) or in the BOM information, can anyone clarify??

Additionally I see that in the single material transfer the customer and supplier info records information is used to get the supplier and customer listing, is there any other information needed to enable the SMT work??

Many thanks and best regards,

Alberto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto,

I can see that in the portal the Product Structure is displayed but I am not sure if this is taked from the substance composition (Exact Information based on Products) or in the BOM information, can anyone clarify??

The product structure in SRC (Compliance Workbench) will be taken from the substance composition.

As you already mentioned ... standard should be "Exact Information based on Products" - (SAP_EHS_1012_001). The composition can be configured.

Additionally I see that in the single material transfer the customer and supplier info records information is used to get the supplier and customer listing, is there any other information needed to enable the SMT work??

No, that should be it

Regards,

Andreas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Andreas!!

Regarding the BOM information I still have some doubts then on how the system works:

1. If no BOM information is needed, then how those SRC relate substance components to suppliers?

I mean if a real substance is linked to more than one raw material, how those the system know if to which raw material and therefore to which supplier it is linked?

2. Also I see that there is a customizing activity called Bill of Material Transfer --> Specify Selection Criteria for Bill of Material transfer

What is this activity for then?

Many thanks again for your help!!

Best regards,

Alberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto,

1. If no BOM information is needed, then how those SRC relate substance components to suppliers?

I mean if a real substance is linked to more than one raw material, how those the system know if to which raw material and therefore to which supplier it is linked?

What I wanted to say is: The product structure which is displayed in the application will be taken from the EH&S composition.

But the question is how does it get there... Usually this would be the BOMBOS transfer if you have BOMs in your system. Another option would be manual maintenance.

Supplier relationships you would usually take from the Purchasing Info Record. One material master and the corresponding PIRs are enough for the Single Material Transfer and you have this information in the specification database. You do not necessarily need a BOM.

But: 1:n relationships between a real substance and multiple materials won't work. You need a 1:1 relationship.

2. Also I see that there is a customizing activity called Bill of Material Transfer --> Specify Selection Criteria for Bill of Material transfer

What is this activity for then?

These are standard settings for BOMBOS. You specifiy which BOMs (e.g. BOM usages) and materials (e.g. material types) you want to transfer.

Hope it helps,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andreas!!

It just confirmed what I was thinking

We have a 1 to n relationship between substances and materials, therefore we will need the BOM information and for that we will use the BOMBOS

Many thanks again,

Alberto

Answers (0)