cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webi Timeout error - WIS 30553

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to resolve Webi timeout issue for BO XIR2. Whenever a user tries to modify or create a new Webi report, he gets

Your Web Intelligence session has reached timeout. Log out and log in again to InfoView. (Error: WIS 30553).

This is a fresh install of BO XIR2 on a Windows 2003 virtual server. It is small environment, so all BO components are on the same box. I have so far verified/updated:

- sever.xml for Tomcat/conf increasing session timeout

- Increased time outs for Webi Report server via CMS

- web.xml for Tomcat\BO\Desktop..\WEB-INF

- Increased/added timeout value in web.config file within \Web Content.

Another observation is that after the error message, if I wait say couple seconds and then try the same step again it works, that is it works even without logging out of Infoview. Any clues on what is causing the timeout error message?

Thanks,

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are also seeing this problem but only with our concurrent user liseneces. If the user is a named user, he never sees the error. However, our concurrent users will see it on a regular basis. Each time i log in to the CMC and look and there are concurent lisences available.

I now have the web.xml set to 60 mins, and the WebI repot server set to 30 mins, but does not seem to be helping.

Any other places i shuold be looking to modify this?

We are also running on a VM windows 2003 server Standard edition with everything running on the single box as it is a small deployment.

Thanks for any assistance as i currently just move our named users around, if people start having problems, but that is not ideal.

Jaye

Edited by: Jaye Howell on Jun 18, 2009 7:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

For JSP increase the application session-timeouts for the web.xmls for the three application locations as follows:

/Tomcat/webapps/businessobjects/WEB-INF/web.xml

/Tomcat/webapps/businessobjects/Enterprise115/desktopLaunch/WEB-INF/web.xml

/Tomcat/webapps/businessobjects/Enterprise115/adminpLaunch/WEB-INF/web.xml

Increase the attribute value under to perhaps 60 in this example:

<session-config>

<session-timeout>20</session-timeout>

</session-config>

To modify the default session timeout value in the CMC, search for web.config in the folder:

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11\Web Content.

To modify the default session timeout value in InfoView, search for web.config in the folder:

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11\Web Content\Enterprise11\InfoView

Open web.config in a text editor like Notepad and search for the following section:

<sessionState

mode="InProc"

stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"

sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;user id=sa;password="

cookieless="false"

timeout="20"

/>

Change the 'timeout' attribute to set a new default session timeout value (in minutes). For example 60.

Log on to the CMC and browse to Home > Servers > Web_IntelligenceReportServer > Connection Time Out.

Set this number to a value that is lower than the application timeouts, for example 50.

Ensure that the universe timeouts are coordinated as well. In Designer, click File > Parameters > Control > Limit execution time to, and set this value to be equal to the Web Intelligence Connection Time Out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was able to resolve the timeout error by following steps:

- Turn off services running on one of the two servers that are part of Cluster, say server A.

- Restart BO services running on server B.

After that, when I restarted services on server A, services on server B worked fine. What prompted me to do these steps is posting in this forum where it is mentioned that if two CMS are part of a cluster, then the timing on both servers must be in sync. In my case, two underlying servers were out of sync by few seconds.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Since this appears to be a problem of Synchronisation of servers, would it advisable to recommend to implement NTP ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_Time_Protocol

Thanks in advance for your feedback,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Since this appears to be a problem of Synchronisation of servers, would it advisable to recommend to implement NTP ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_Time_Protocol

Thanks in advance for your feedback,

Yann

former_member207342
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil.

The timeout parameter in web.xml is for Infoview web application.

Can you try changing Web Intelligence Server Timeout properties from CMC.

CMC->WebIntelligence Server ->Properties.

Let me know if it works.

--Kuldeep