cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in SWEL / SWELS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I switched on the trace in swels and then i executed my workflow and went to sbwp and in user decision selected approve.

then went to swel and executed it to see trace :

I saw only two records 1. Trace On and 2. Trace off.

when i double clicked on it, nothing was happening (was unable to see any trace or analysis).

Can anyone please tell me how to use SWEL

I am new to workflow.

Kind Regards

Sajid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SWEL is only event trace, that is, if any event is tied to a Business Object, then it will show that. Thats all. In your case, probably, you are using the std. user decision task TS00008267 that has DECISION.PROCESS method and not having any events tied to it, thats why you didn't see anything in the event trace.

What exactly you want to do ? If you need help on Basic workflow, pl go thru' the help.sap.com. That's the best source I'd say to learn.

Hope this clarifies your question

Goodluck

venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SWELS is event trace and this is used to find the business Object and event triggered when a trasaction is executed.

Example: i want to know what is the Business object and event triggered when a sales order is created. In this case i will switch on the event trace and run va01 and create a sales order. Now i again go to swels and switch of the event trace.

Now go to display event trace(swel), here you can find bus2032 and event created. so this business object and event can be used to trigger your workflow.

Cheers,

Vijay.

Edited by: vijay kalluri on Jun 15, 2009 3:56 PM

shaik_sajid
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My Problem is switched on the SWELS and executed my program which triggers Create Event of object BKPF (which is used in my workflow) and hence i get user decision in my inbox and i do approve and then see the trace in SWEL.

ie., when i executed the swel, i got output in the form of two records in an alv format as shown below

Trace ON 16.06.2009 08:50:34 SELDE

Trace OFF 16.06.2009 08:50:48 SELDE

when i double clicked on it, nothing is happening (ie., i am unable to see the trace).

Hope u will clear my problem.

Kind Regards

Sajid

former_member533584
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After switch on , you go to the same place to switch off, you can see one more button with 'Restriction for Trace' which will contain the user id for which it will trigger the events, in that selection try to keep all selections as space and save and try again.

Regards,

Ananth

shaik_sajid
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ananth,

U r great

Thanks & Regards

Sajid

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193382
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Someone might have switched off the event trace again.

Go to SWELS. CLick turn on trace.

Then try triggering some workflow.

Then you can view the workflow event trace in SWEL.

SWEL is used to trace the events triggered.

Regards,

Raj