cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not load crpe32.dll

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Crystal Reports XI release 2 and we run the reports from a .NET component. The line that produces the error is:

custReport.Load(reportFile, OpenReportMethod.OpenReportByTempCopy);

where:

custReport is an instance of ReportDocument

reportFile is the path to the rpt file and is correct at runtime.

Here's the error in it's entirety:

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.CRPE' threw an exception. ---> System.Exception: Could not load C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\3.5\bin\crpe32.dll.

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.CRPE..cctor()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.CRPE.InitCrpe()

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod)

at TSYS.Report.Generator.ServiceFacade.CrystalReportCreator.CreateReport(Parameter parameter)

at TSYS.Report.Generator.ServiceFacade.Renderer.GetReportData(String uniqueStackTraceGuid, Int16 clientOriginatorID, Parameter parameter)

at TSYS.Report.Generator.ServiceFacade.ReportGeneratorFacadeImpl.GetReport(String uniqueStackTraceGuid, Int16 clientOriginatorID, Parameter parameter)

crpe32.dll is at the location indicated in the exception message and it's version is 11.5.8.998

The line that produces the error is in CrystalReportCreator.CreateReport

Thanks for your help

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Check this link

*Close the thread if issue solved

Regards

Jambulingam.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP, thank you for trying to help. The issues from those 2 threads are different from mine. In my case Crystal says that it cannot open crpe32.dll from the specific location where the dll exists. The file is not read-only, the permissions are correct. I un-installed and re-installed Crystal, same error.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Please re-post if this is still an issue to the .NET Development - Crystal Reports Forum or purchase a case and have a dedicated support engineer work with you directly