cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Status for Installed Base

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Pls let me know where to maintain user status for installed base. I believe status profile could be assigned to transaction level only but still SAP help says it is possible to maintain in installed base.

Also let me know is it possible to maintain user status for induvidual objects.

Regards

Ram.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI ,

Chk the SPRO path:

Customer Relationship Management>Master Data->Installed Base>Installed Base Category-->Define Installed Base Category and Installation Rules.

Assign the status profile here.

Regards,

PePe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PePe,

Thanks for your quick repy. I already checked in installed catagory definition part in SPRO, but there is no place for assigning user status. FYI this is in CRM 7.0.

Regards

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram

First create the User status profile:

IMG > CRM > Transactions > Basic Settings > Status Management > Change Status Profile for User Status

Make sure you select IBase header as the "Object type" for your user status. Click on "Object Type" button in your user status and you'll find IBase header check box.

Now assign the status profile to ibase:

IMG > CRM >Master Data->Installed Base >Installed Base Category >Define Installed Base Category and Installation Rules.

Here you'll have to copy paste the user status profile since it might not be available for selection using F4.

Now open your IBase in IB52 and click on Blue info icon next to status field. Below you'll find the user status profile field assign your user profile and the status will be available for selection.

I hope it helps.

Rupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

The same i did exactly and solved the issue. thanks for your fast reply.

Regards,

Ram.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rupesh,

Greetings for the day.

As per your suggestion, i am trying to do but not understanding the procedure suggested by you which is given below.

Now assign the status profile to ibase:

IMG > CRM >Master Data->Installed Base >Installed Base Category >Define Installed Base Category and Installation Rules.

Here you'll have to copy paste the user status profile since it might not be available for selection using F4.

How can we copy paste the user status profile in this step? 

Where can we see the user status created to copy and paste? and where can we assign the user status to ibase?

Could you explain me about this step a little more clearly please?

Your help will be rewareded.  Awaiting for your response. 

Regards,

Maddy

anindyaSAP
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Manddy,

I have performed the below steps:

First create the User status profile:

IMG > CRM > Transactions > Basic Settings > Status Management >Define Status Profile for User Status.

Make sure you select IBase header as the "Object type" for your user status. Click on "Object Type" button in your user status and you'll find IBase header check box.

After this I directly went to IB52 and  I am able to assign the new user status profile to an IBASE and select a status that is defined in the status profile.

I am not sure if this is not correct, but IB52 allowed to do this. I am in BBPCRM 702 SP05.

Thanks,

Anindya

anindyaSAP
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Maddy,

I guess I got the issue wrong. The query was not for assigning user status at Ibase header level but at Ibase category level.

I have found that till CRM 2007 it was possible to assign user status in below customization path:

But in newer releases the status field is missing - basically in the view it was made hidden. I will try to find out the reason for this and post it here once I get an answer.

If you get this, please share.

Thanks,

Anindya

hongbo_ma
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anindya, did you find out the reason why this field is hidden in CRM7.0?

thanks,

hongbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anindya,

I'm facing the same problem, did you find a solution for it? If yes, please share the info.

I'll be grateful.

Thank so much!

Maria.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to maintain in install base level.When you create install base the status is maintained like

crte - creating install base

active- active install base

The 'RIBIB' structure is handling that status. You can check it out in crm server.

Definition: Status profile

Cross-Application Components (CA)

A profile used to control user statuses.

A status profile is created by the user in general status management.

In a status profile you can:

Define the sequence in which user statuses can be activated

Define initial statuses

Allow or prohibit certain business transactions

hope it will useful

Hemant ghiya