Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Purchase Order (PO) PDF Print button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using SRM 550.

When a user views/changes a PO in the browser they can use the Preview Purchase Order button to view the PO as a PDF document.

This is OK, but we want to disable users from printing the form using the Adobe PDF print button as there is no print log recorded for this action and so the audit trail is compromised.

I have heard that this can be disabled by SAP when the PDF is generated does anyone know how this is acheived.

Thanks in advance

Allen Brooks

SRM BPO

Sunderland City Council

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allen,

we also had a similar issue with print option and also we tried most of the BADIs and methods given below however the exact requirement wasn't achieved. As you saying its only a compliance issue and not for any system technical reason, We had a workaround for implemented for this.

Is the problem you are facing is "end users misusing the print functionality by printing the form before ORDERED status of the PO?" if yes we made a watermark in the smartform based on condition of PO status. If the PO is in any status except ORDER, smartform will print the wtaermark in the background as "Not approved / awaiting for approval /test"

Rgds / Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Kiran,

This is exactly what is happening with us currently. End users have been printing and sending PO smart forms to vendors whilst the PO has not been approved.

May you please provide me with how you achieved the solution.

kind regards,

Lethabo

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for your helpful suggestions we will try these out.

Regards

Allen Brooks

SRM BPO

Sunderland City Council

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allen,

Did you manage to resolve this issue? - we have precisely the same issue. If so, how did you do it?

Regards,

Alan Brouard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

yes it is that Print Preview Button but we don't want to disable that button, it is the buttons in the Adobe application that we want to disable for all users.

We do want the users to be able to do a print preview.

Thanks

Allen Brooks

SRM BPO

Sunderland City Council

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

When our users click on Print Preview the Adobe Acrobat application on their Desktop machine starts up and the PDF document is displayed for them.

The Acrobat application has Print and Save buttons that allow users to print or save Po's and no log entry is made in SAP because the application is outside the SAP environment, it is these buttons that need to be disabled.

Somewhere, in darkest SAP there must be a routine that is creating the Adobe form, (it is identical to our smartform layout), in this routine we need to disable the Print and Save buttons before the form is sent to the users Desktop. This output routine is not controlled from the usual SPRO Output config stuff, i.e. it is not Print, Fax, Email or XML.

I have been informed that this is possible, but no other information on the how of it.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Regards

Allen Brooks

SRM BPO

Sunderland City Council

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Allen

Are you talking about

Output preview -( Standard SRM ) Print preview

Process PO

Display Purchase Order

order hold check change display delete complete refresh

output preview download upload

are you clicking the above output preview . sorry to ask you many times. if it so

we can disable this output preview for every po . so no one can print .

br

muthu

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try acheiving this by creating an implicit enhancment for the class 'CL_FP_PDF_OBJECT'

Open method -IF_FP_PDF_OBJECT~SET_OUTPUTPDF. In this the 'printable' parameter is set as default 'true' . You can reset the parameter with your enhancement. However you should also note that PO output to vendor emails will also go as non printable pdf.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

Sorry I apologise if I am not making myself clear?

We do want the users to be able to preview the PO's in the Adobe Reader screen, but simply don't want them to be able to print from that screen.

Disabling the Print Preview button will not achieve this.

Regards

Allen Brooks

SRM BPO

Sunderland City Council

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi allen

forgive me.

learnt that via PROCESS po - DISPLAY po - OUTPUT PREVIEW SO YOU GET PDF FORM RIGHT? So that we can disable output preview via field control in the BADI.

how are your users viewing the po in the pdf?

br

muthu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Allen

SAP Note 923753 - SRM5.0: Unwanted PO output preview

button

have checked with this BBP_UI_CONTROL_BADI discussed in this note.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

thanks but we already have this note implemented (we are at SP13 and the note is in SP12), also I think the change would be situated in a either function that generates the PDF document as it is normal option using Adobe Acrobat Professional to be able to disable the download or printing of a PDF doc.

May also be something to do with the smartform?

The BADI you mention does not appear to have a method for this.

Regards

Allen

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Allen

field control you can do either via below badi or templates.

BBP_UI_CONTROL_BADI BAdI

BBP_PO_UI_CTRL - field control in Purchase order

you must control the output preview button to disable . if you still finding problem then only this note is applicable . got it.

You do not want to provide the output preview button in the purchase order using the BBP_UI_CONTROL_BADI BAdI, however, this appears as soon as you go to the output area in the header data of the purchase order. However, the button no longer has the label "Output preview", instead it just has the label "Preview".

This problem is caused by a program error: The display area contains a hidden "preview" button (the button is invisible but nevertheless it exists in the GUI) (Function group BBP_OUTPUT, screen 1100). This has the same name as the button for the "output preview" that exists separately in the button area of the purchase order (Function group BBP_PO_UI_ITS screen 2200). In the described case, the data of the output button is used for the purchase order button.

Solution

This note ensures that the output button does not exist (that is, not even in the GUI) if a calling application (in this case, purchase order) requires the generic output screen using the BBPS_OUTPUT_PUT_PBO function module without the preview button (IV_WITH_PREVIEW = ' '). Therefore, the data of the output button cannot be used for the purchase order button. This correction is available with Support Package 04 (SAPKIBKT04). For an advance correction, use Transaction SNOTE to implement the correction instructions attached to this note.