Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen painter translation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I created a text field in the screen painter, and now i want to translate it. What should i do ?

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member555112
Active Contributor

Hi,

Translate the texts via SE63 transaction.

Regards,

Ankur Parab

10 REPLIES 10

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- Call transaction SE63 - Menu : Translation, Short text, Screen painter, Screen

painter texts OR from SE51 Menu : Goto, translation

- Then provide source and target languages, press Edit

- Fill the translated texts and Confirm translation

Look for SAP documentation at [Translation Tools for Translators (BC-DOC-TTL)|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/Helpdata/EN/77/5719d2492011d1894a0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Raymond

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Via menu Goto->translation.

viquar_iqbal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Please go through this.[LINK|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/41/71601b3ab0f34a8e00aa01338c68f3/frameset.htm] It deals with translating objects using SE63

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am in the se63 transaction in the screen painter text. What should i put for the object name ?

i put the %#AUTOTEXT001, but it doesnt found it.

thx.

0 Kudos

Use 0100F%#AUTOTEXT001 where 0100 is the dynpro number, but it's easier to go through SE63 giving the report name and dynpro number, and getting a list of text to translate.

Regards,

Raymond

former_member555112
Active Contributor

Hi,

Translate the texts via SE63 transaction.

Regards,

Ankur Parab

0 Kudos

Its the first time i use this transaction so i dont know how it works. I go to short texts menu painter, and in the field object name i tried almost everything (Programm name, 0100F%#AUTOTEXT001 ...) . I dont know what else to put in there!

thx,

Regards.

0 Kudos

Under SE63 go to menu, Translation, Short text, Screen painter, Screen painter texts, give the report name and the dynpro/screen number, then the program will present you a list of texts to translate.

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

In this example we will look for the screens which belong to the program Z_DYNFORMS :

You should surround your program name withe asterisks ( *PROG* )

a screen will show up, just validate it, and then you will get this :

just double click on the screen number that you want to translate.

Regards.

Former Member

Hello Stratos,

Goto SE80 tcode.

select program from dropdown list and provide your program name.

you will get list of screens,include programs used in the program.

double click on the screen to which you want to maintain translations.

Now follow the path GOTO->TRANSLATION -> provide the source and Target language.

It will display all the texts which are present in the selected screen.