cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record.CheckOut Status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone tell me what exactly the difference is between Record.CheckOut Status =1 and Record.CheckOut Status = 3?I have checked it in MDM API.But i need some inputs.At times the status of the record is returned 1 and at times 3 in my code.When it is 1 an exception is thrown.And 3 it works fine.Is there something explicitly needs to be handled for this.With 3 i get the Parent Child relationships by passing the duplicate copy and getting original one.With 1i do the same but shows exception.Can someone let me know?

Thanks,

Rekha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

MDM Record can be in that checkout Statuses:

Record.CheckoutStatus.UNDEFINED: -1

Record.CheckoutStatus.NONE: 0 - record is not checked out

Record.CheckoutStatus.ORIGINAL: 1 - you found original record, that means record is checked out and you found protected version of record.

Record.CheckoutStatus.MEMBER: 2 - record is checked out and you joined to checkout and you found record which is checked out, not protected version.

Record.CheckoutStatus.OWNER: 3 - record is checked out and you owner of the chekced out version, and you found checked out version, not protected version.

Record.CheckoutStatus.NON_MEMBER: 4 - record is checked out and you did not join, and you found checked out version, not protected version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha,

Try to print the exception and as per the Java docs I think status=1 indicates that the user is not the member of Checkedout record hence you cannot retrieve any information related to that record.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

On version MDM 7.1 SP2

com.sap.mdm.data.Record.CheckoutStatus
public static final int	MEMBER	               2
public static final int	NON_MEMBER	4
public static final int	NONE	               0

// record is checked out and it is original record
public static final int	ORIGINAL	               1