cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Undeploy SCA from NW CE 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All -

I've deployed an updated software component archive (SCA) for an application, but would like to roll back to a previous version of the SCA. I saw some help guides on undeploying with NWDS, but I can't figure out how to access NWDS.

What other methods are available for undpeloying archives from NW CE 7.1, or how do I access NWDS to undeploy an archive?

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks a lot,

Jason

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Bob_McGlynn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Jason,

There is another way to undeploy SCA from NW CE, using window commands. If you are trying to undeploy SSM, I could help you out, if you have another application that you are trying to undeploy, what you have to enter will be slightly different.

Basic steps::

Openning a command window

getting into telnet on the localhost

(the telnet port is from the SAPMMC access point list)

You are asked to log in - Netweaver administrator user and password

issue a command to

undeploy vendor=sap,com name=exact path name of the files

do that for each file to be undeployed

That should undeploy the component

Regards,

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bob - Thanks a lot for the response.

Actually, I am trying to undeploy an SSM SCA!

Would you be able to explain the steps through this forum, or would it be easier to explain over the phone?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Jason

Bob_McGlynn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Jason,

You are welcome to call. So we can share with others, (and this is using the default values)

Open command window

telnet localhost 50008

You will get a log in and log in as administrator of Netweaver, whatever you've set those to be.

Once in issue the following commands

undeploy vendor=sap.com name=xappscpmsm~strategymanagementdic

undeploy vendor=sap.com name=xappscpmsm~strategymanagementdoc

undeploy vendor=sap.com name=xappscpmsm~strategymanagementactions

undeploy vendor=sap.com name=xappscpmsm~strategymanagement

You may get that it doesn't find the strategymanagementdoc and strategymanagementactions files, but you're covered in case they are there.

You should then will have successfully undeployed the NW component for Strategy Management.

Regards,

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bob - Thanks a lot for the information.

Your solution flawlessly solved the problem, and the SSM SCA was suuccessfully undeployed.

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bob,

I am into same situation but instead of .SCA file i have .SDA fiel in question but i mistakenly installed a software component (SCA) as a Hot fixes component (.SDA) it works fine though. But now i want to undeploy it and deploy the latest file. But since i deployed it using Hot fixes ( SDA file ) i am not able to undeploy it using SDM. I want to use the method suggested by you using OS command but i am not sure if its feasible in my case too. can you give me some advice on the same how should i proceed and i am not able to find UNDEPLOY file (in which directory i will find thid file).

I have NW 7.1 CE on windows SQL server 2005 as backend.

i will really appreciate your reply on the same.

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

I am in the process of MDM 7.1 Configuration.By Mistake I have deployed the wrong version of

SRM-MDM-Catalog.Now I want to undeploy this component,as I am providing you the Component

details as:

sap.com  tc/mdm/srmcat/action  7.01 (10920220)  SAP AG  MAIN_SMDM71VA_C  20120507201405  sap.com/SRM_MDM_CAT

sap.com  tc/mdm/srmcat/config  7.01 (11730274)  SAP AG  MAIN_SMDM71VA_C  20120507201357  sap.com/SRM_MDM_CAT 

sap.com  tc/mdm/srmcat/enabler  7.01 (10952000)  SAP AG  MAIN_SMDM71VA_C  20120507201410  sap.com/SRM_MDM_CAT 

sap.com  tc/mdm/srmcat/import1  7.01 (11730280)  SAP AG  MAIN_SMDM71VA_C  20120507201415  sap.com/SRM_MDM_CAT 

sap.com  tc/mdm/srmcat/mdmadministration  7.01 (11730276)  SAP AG  MAIN_SMDM71VA_C  20120507201420  sap.com/SRM_MDM_CAT 

sap.com  tc/mdm/srmcat/pricesorter  7.01 (10952002)  SAP AG  MAIN_SMDM71VA_C  20120507201425  sap.com/SRM_MDM_CAT 

sap.com  tc/mdm/srmcat/redirect  7.01 (11730283)  SAP AG  MAIN_SMDM71VA_C  20120507201432  sap.com/SRM_MDM_CAT 

sap.com  tc/mdm/srmcat/uiconf  7.01 (11730279)  SAP AG  MAIN_SMDM71VA_C  20120507201437  sap.com/SRM_MDM_CAT 

sap.com  tc/mdm/srmcat/uiprod  7.01 (11730284)  SAP AG  MAIN_SMDM71VA_C  20120507201443  sap.com/SRM_MDM_CAT 

sap.com  tc/mdm/srmcat/uisearch  7.01 (11730285)  SAP AG  MAIN_SMDM71VA_C  20120507201449  sap.com/SRM_MDM_CAT 

sap.com  tc/mdm/srmcat/uiutil  7.01 (10952014)  SAP AG  MAIN_SMDM71VA_C  20120507201453  sap.com/SRM_MDM_CAT 

As I have login through the Telnet Command and logged in with the Administrator User.

While trying to undeploy in command prompt through the command as:

undeploy vendor=sap.com name=tc/mdm/srmcat/action

I am getting error as:Can't find command 'undeploy'.

Kindly help me out for this.

Thanks

Ajitabh

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajitabh,

I've just had this issue and I restarted the NW instance (I'm using 7.3).

Then I was able to use the undeploy command.

Odd.

Stephen

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jason!

In NW DS you have acces to Deployment perspective, open this and you have a form that show for you Deploy view, select the undeploy view and find your application select this application and with right click mouse add do undeploy list, next step on list you have to click on top button with a little blue ball do undeploy list.

That´s it!

Regards, Ronaldo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses.

I've downloaded NWDS and installed it in line with the installation guide. When I go to run the update service using SAP's update as documented in the install guide, I get th following error:

"Network Problems Encountered During Search:

Unable to access "http://nwds.update".

Error parsing site stream. [Content is not allowed in prolog.]

Content is not allowed in prolog.

Error parsing site stream. [Content is not allowed in prolog.]

Content is not allowed in prolog."

Note: I've already updated the proxy settings to point to the correct proxy in our company.

Anyone have a similar issue or able to diagnose this? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- Install NWDS

- Setup reference to your CE server (Preferences -> SAP AS Java -> Add new system, make it as default).

- Go to Deploy View -> Undeploy.

By the way if you undeploy component the server will not restore the previous one. I mean that you can't do a rollback with undeploy tool. In the situation you can only deploy the oldest component again without undeployment.

BR, Sergei